Quantcast

400 Bad Request -- Invalid CSeq Number on Register

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

400 Bad Request -- Invalid CSeq Number on Register

fabio4prez
Howdy,

I'm running into an issue with a load testing tool I'm using generating arbitrary REGISTER messages to opensips 1.4.5.  Note, this is not a retransmit.  (Note, personal info like IPs obfuscated).

REGISTER <a href="sip:205.139.46.237">sip:1.2.3.4 SIP/2.0.

Max-Forwards: 70.

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 4.3.2.1:6701;branch=z9hG4bK11-453d6165-0029-1843224199.

Call-ID: 841-090708015608-1269668688@453d6165.

CSeq: 532839396 REGISTER.

From: <[hidden email]>;tag=11044-453d6165-090708015608-1273695453.

To: <[hidden email]>.

Contact: <sip:user@4.3.2.1:6701;transport=udp>.

Expires: 3600.

Accept: application/sdp, application/dtmf-relay.

Content-Length: 0.

.

 

SIP/2.0 400 Bad Request.

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 4.3.2.1;branch=z9hG4bK11-453d6165-0029-1843224199;rport=6701.

Call-ID: 841-090708015608-1269668688@453d6165.

CSeq: 532839396 REGISTER.

From: <[hidden email]>;tag=11044-453d6165-090708015608-1273695453.

To: <[hidden email]>;tag=d956cb2540203ca43d36f1e0fd077845.d8d0.

Contact: <sip:user@1.2.3.4:6701;transport=udp>;expires=21;received="sip:1.2.3.4:6701".

P-Registrar-Error: Invalid CSeq number.

Server:  OpenSIPS SIP r-1.4.5.



I believe the problem is that the cseq number is to the order of 5*10^8.  According to the RFC (and a handy post I found from the Sip-Implementors mailing list, see here:  https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2007-February/015380.html), we should  be able to have an initial CSeq value up to 2^31-1, or around 2*10^9 (positive).


Unfortunately, it's being generated completely randomly, and the vendor has said there doesn't seem to be an issue on their end with their scheme on generating this or a way to change it.  All the logging that I can tell on the OpenSIPS side points to the CSeq just being completely invalid; I've ran into retransmits with the same CSeq before causing this issue, but that's not what appears to be happening here.


Any insight into this issue?

Thanks.


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 400 Bad Request -- Invalid CSeq Number on Register

Jesus Rodriguez
Hello,


> Howdy,
>
> I'm running into an issue with a load testing tool I'm using  
> generating arbitrary REGISTER messages to opensips 1.4.5.  Note,  
> this is not a retransmit.  (Note, personal info like IPs obfuscated).


The error should happen only for re-REGISTERs. Usually this is because  
for the same call-id, Cseq is not incremented by one.

Regards.

Saludos
JesusR.





> REGISTER sip:1.2.3.4 SIP/2.0.
> Max-Forwards: 70.
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP  
> 4.3.2.1:6701;branch=z9hG4bK11-453d6165-0029-1843224199.
> Call-ID: 841-090708015608-1269668688@453d6165.
> CSeq: 532839396 REGISTER.
> From: <sip:user@1.2.3.4>;tag=11044-453d6165-090708015608-1273695453.
> To: <sip:user@1.2.3.4>.
> Contact: <sip:user@4.3.2.1:6701;transport=udp>.
> Expires: 3600.
> Accept: application/sdp, application/dtmf-relay.
> Content-Length: 0.
> .
>
> SIP/2.0 400 Bad Request.
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP  
> 4.3.2.1;branch=z9hG4bK11-453d6165-0029-1843224199;rport=6701.
> Call-ID: 841-090708015608-1269668688@453d6165.
> CSeq: 532839396 REGISTER.
> From: <sip:user@1.2.3.4>;tag=11044-453d6165-090708015608-1273695453.
> To: <sip:user@1.2.3.4>;tag=d956cb2540203ca43d36f1e0fd077845.d8d0.
> Contact: <sip:user@1.2.3.4:6701;transport=udp>;expires=21;received="sip:1.2.3.4:6701
> ".
> P-Registrar-Error: Invalid CSeq number.
> Server:  OpenSIPS SIP r-1.4.5.
>
>
> I believe the problem is that the cseq number is to the order of  
> 5*10^8.  According to the RFC (and a handy post I found from the Sip-
> Implementors mailing list, see here: https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2007-February/015380.html)
> , we should  be able to have an initial CSeq value up to 2^31-1, or  
> around 2*10^9 (positive).
>
> Unfortunately, it's being generated completely randomly, and the  
> vendor has said there doesn't seem to be an issue on their end with  
> their scheme on generating this or a way to change it.  All the  
> logging that I can tell on the OpenSIPS side points to the CSeq just  
> being completely invalid; I've ran into retransmits with the same  
> CSeq before causing this issue, but that's not what appears to be  
> happening here.
>
> Any insight into this issue?
>
> Thanks.
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users





Saludos
JesusR.

------------------------------------
Jesus Rodriguez
VozTelecom Sistemas, S.L.
[hidden email]
http://www.voztele.com
Tel. 902360305
-------------------------------------





_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Loading...