401 and 407 in REPLY ROUTE

Ali Pey
Hello,

After I send out an Invite message to a carrier, the carrier responds with 407 and then 401 for authentication. I need to use the UAC_AUTH module to respond with another Invite with authentication to resend it to the carrier since my gateways don't have the trunk's username and password.

My first problem is that 407 and 401 go to the REPLY Route and not the FAILURE Route. Should they not go to FAILURE route? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Ali Pey

Re: 401 and 407 in REPLY ROUTE

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Ali,

They should end up in Failure route; the only reason to prevent them doing this is a parallel forking - if you forked the call to multiple destination, a negative reply on a branch is hold up until the rest of the branches do complete (negative reply also, or some 200 OK). Is this your case ?