408 Timeout with X-Lite

Gordon Ross
Starting with an empty DB, I created a domain and I created a subscriber in
OpenSIPS.

# opensipsctl domain add blah
# opensipsctl add 2345@blah 1234

Looking at the database, the user & domain are in the tables.

Firing up X-Lite, I put the following in as the SIP account details:

Display Name: Gordon
User name: 2345
Password: 1234
Authorisation user name:
Domain: blah

X-Lite comes back with a "408 - Request Timeout" message.

Doing a tcpdump shows a batch of REGISTER packets. After a while, the server
responds with "408 Request Timeout" packets.

Messages then starts getting:

/usr/local/sbin/opensips[14893]: ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid
cseq for aor <2345>

Doing a google, it seems that this problem appears when there is already an
entry in the locations table. But when I first start up OpenSIPS & XLite,
the locations table is empty !

After XLite it started, I do get entries in the locations table. One strange
thing is that the domain column is blank. (But there are entries in most of
the other columns)

Can someone enlighten me as to the stupid mistake I'm making ?

Thanks,

GTG

Re: 408 Timeout with X-Lite

Uwe Kastens
Gordon,

Which version of opensips you are testing with? Have you enabled multi
domain support for register, urloc etc.pp.? Maybe you can post the head
of your config.

BR

Uwe

Gordon Ross schrieb:

> Starting with an empty DB, I created a domain and I created a subscriber in
> OpenSIPS.
>
> # opensipsctl domain add blah
> # opensipsctl add 2345@blah 1234
>
> Looking at the database, the user & domain are in the tables.
>
> Firing up X-Lite, I put the following in as the SIP account details:
>
> Display Name: Gordon
> User name: 2345
> Password: 1234
> Authorisation user name:
> Domain: blah
>
> X-Lite comes back with a "408 - Request Timeout" message.
>
> Doing a tcpdump shows a batch of REGISTER packets. After a while, the server
> responds with "408 Request Timeout" packets.
>
> Messages then starts getting:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/opensips[14893]: ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid
> cseq for aor <2345>
>
> Doing a google, it seems that this problem appears when there is already an
> entry in the locations table. But when I first start up OpenSIPS & XLite,
> the locations table is empty !
>
> After XLite it started, I do get entries in the locations table. One strange
> thing is that the domain column is blank. (But there are entries in most of
> the other columns)
>
> Can someone enlighten me as to the stupid mistake I'm making ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> GTG

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: 408 Timeout with X-Lite

Gordon Ross
On 02/07/2009 09:13, "Uwe Kastens" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Which version of opensips you are testing with?

1.5.1

> Have you enabled multi
> domain support for register, urloc etc.pp.?

Yes. However, in the process of posting the config (below) I noticed that I
hadn't un-commented the line:

modparam("alias_db|auth_db|usrloc|uri_db", "use_domain", 1)

I've uncommented this, cleaned out the locations table and re-started
OpenSIPS then X-Lite. The locations table now has the domain column
completed, but I'm still getting a 408 :-(

> Maybe you can post the head
> of your config.

I hope this is enough. Let me know if you want any more.

Ta.

GTG

####### Modules Section ########

#set module path
mpath="/usr/local/lib64/opensips/modules/"

/* uncomment next line for MySQL DB support */
#loadmodule "db_mysql.so"
loadmodule "db_postgres.so"
loadmodule "signaling.so"
loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "tm.so"
loadmodule "rr.so"
loadmodule "maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "usrloc.so"
loadmodule "registrar.so"
loadmodule "textops.so"
loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"
loadmodule "uri_db.so"
loadmodule "uri.so"
loadmodule "xlog.so"
loadmodule "acc.so"
/* uncomment next lines for MySQL based authentication support
   NOTE: a DB (like db_mysql) module must be also loaded */
loadmodule "auth.so"
loadmodule "auth_db.so"
/* uncomment next line for aliases support
   NOTE: a DB (like db_mysql) module must be also loaded */
loadmodule "alias_db.so"
/* uncomment next line for multi-domain support
   NOTE: a DB (like db_mysql) module must be also loaded
   NOTE: be sure and enable multi-domain support in all used modules
         (see "multi-module params" section ) */
loadmodule "domain.so"
/* uncomment the next two lines for presence server support
   NOTE: a DB (like db_mysql) module must be also loaded */
#loadmodule "presence.so"
#loadmodule "presence_xml.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------

# ----- mi_fifo params -----
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/opensips_fifo")

# ----- rr params -----
# add value to ;lr param to cope with most of the UAs
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)
# do not append from tag to the RR (no need for this script)
modparam("rr", "append_fromtag", 0)

# ----- registrar params -----
modparam("registrar", "method_filtering", 1)
/* uncomment the next line to disable parallel forking via location */
# modparam("registrar", "append_branches", 0)
/* uncomment the next line not to allow more than 10 contacts per AOR */
#modparam("registrar", "max_contacts", 10)

# ----- usrloc params -----
#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable DB persistency
   for location entries */
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   1)
modparam("usrloc", "db_url",
        "postgres://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")

# ----- uri_db params -----
/* by default we disable the DB support in the module as we do not need it
   in this configuration */
modparam("uri_db", "use_uri_table", 0)
modparam("uri_db", "db_url", "")

# ----- acc params -----
/* what sepcial events should be accounted ? */
modparam("acc", "early_media", 1)
modparam("acc", "report_ack", 1)
modparam("acc", "report_cancels", 1)
/* by default ww do not adjust the direct of the sequential requests.
   in "rr" module */
modparam("acc", "detect_direction", 0)
/* account triggers (flags) */
modparam("acc", "failed_transaction_flag", 3)
modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "log_missed_flag", 2)
/* uncomment the following lines to enable DB accounting also */
modparam("acc", "db_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "db_missed_flag", 2)

# ----- auth_db params -----
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable the DB based
   authentication */
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
modparam("auth_db", "db_url",
#       "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
        "postgres://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
modparam("auth_db", "load_credentials", "")

# ----- alias_db params -----
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable the DB based
   aliases */
modparam("alias_db", "db_url",
#       "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
        "postgres://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")

# ----- domain params -----
/* uncomment the following lines to enable multi-domain detection
   support */
modparam("domain", "db_url",
#       "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
        "postgres://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
modparam("domain", "db_mode", 1)   # Use caching

# ----- multi-module params -----
/* uncomment the following line if you want to enable multi-domain support
   in the modules (dafault off) */
modparam("alias_db|auth_db|usrloc|uri_db", "use_domain", 1)

# ----- presence params -----
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable presence */
#modparam("presence|presence_xml", "db_url",
#       "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
#modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1)
#modparam("presence", "server_address", "sip:192.168.1.2:5060")

Re: 408 Timeout with X-Lite

Uwe Kastens
Gordon,

Strange so far. I cannot see any wrong configuration on a 1st view.
Could you see if auth is working and only writing to the USRLOC is
failing? (Maybe put some xlog statements around the register part).

The error ocurs by saving the contact into the DB. Have you tried with
another client?

BR

Uwe

On 02/07/2009 09:49, "Uwe Kastens" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Strange so far. I cannot see any wrong configuration on a 1st view.
> Could you see if auth is working and only writing to the USRLOC is
> failing? (Maybe put some xlog statements around the register part).

Small progress. I discovered another missed un-comment. Now I'm getting 401
rejected messages.

A few xlogs show it's going into the www_challenge function and not coming
back:

        if (is_method("REGISTER"))
        {
                # authenticate the REGISTER requests (uncomment to enable
auth)
                if (!www_authorize("", "subscriber"))
                {
                        www_challenge("", "1");
                        exit;
                }
        (blah)
        }

GTG

Re: 408 Timeout with X-Lite

Uwe Kastens
Hi,

Is your xlite taking the challenge it get from opensips to REGISTER again?

The (blah) is just an cut&paste error?

BR

Uwe

Gordon Ross schrieb:

> On 02/07/2009 09:49, "Uwe Kastens" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Strange so far. I cannot see any wrong configuration on a 1st view.
>> Could you see if auth is working and only writing to the USRLOC is
>> failing? (Maybe put some xlog statements around the register part).
>
> Small progress. I discovered another missed un-comment. Now I'm getting 401
> rejected messages.
>
> A few xlogs show it's going into the www_challenge function and not coming
> back:
>
>         if (is_method("REGISTER"))
>         {
>                 # authenticate the REGISTER requests (uncomment to enable
> auth)
>                 if (!www_authorize("", "subscriber"))
>                 {
>                         www_challenge("", "1");
>                         exit;
>                 }
>         (blah)
>         }
>
> GTG

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

k12

Re: 408 Timeout with X-Lite

k12
Uwe Kastens wrote

Gordon Ross schrieb:
> Starting with an empty DB, I created a domain and I created a subscriber in
> OpenSIPS.
>
> # opensipsctl domain add blah
> # opensipsctl add 2345@blah 1234
>
> Looking at the database, the user & domain are in the tables.
>
> Firing up X-Lite, I put the following in as the SIP account details:
>
> Display Name: Gordon
> User name: 2345
> Password: 1234
> Authorisation user name:
> Domain: blah
>
> X-Lite comes back with a "408 - Request Timeout" message.
>
> Doing a tcpdump shows a batch of REGISTER packets. After a while, the server
> responds with "408 Request Timeout" packets.
>
> Messages then starts getting:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/opensips[14893]: ERROR:registrar:update_contacts: invalid
> cseq for aor <2345>
>
> Doing a google, it seems that this problem appears when there is already an
> entry in the locations table. But when I first start up OpenSIPS & XLite,
> the locations table is empty !
>
> After XLite it started, I do get entries in the locations table. One strange
> thing is that the domain column is blank. (But there are entries in most of
> the other columns)
>
> Can someone enlighten me as to the stupid mistake I'm making ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> GTG

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Dear friend!
I have same problem as you used to. I think that I installed oepsip 1.5 successfully and also register an account with statement
root@localhost src# opensipsctl add 200 200
Then, automatically an announcement that:
database engine 'MYSQL' loaded
Control engine 'FIFO' loaded
is_user: user counter =0
check_db_alias: alias counter =0