487 for SIP forking

Chen-Che Huang
Dear all,

When a caller cancels a call, OpenSIPS will send the 487 response sent from the callee to the caller. However, in the case of SIP forking, I find that OpenSIPS will not send the 487 response to the caller after the caller cancels the call. Do I need any particular configuration for the SIP forking case? Any comment is appreciated.

Best regards,
Chen-Che

Re: 487 for SIP forking

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Chen-Che,

Usually you need to have in the very beginning of your failure route:
     if (t_was_cancelled()) {
         exit;

On 21.04.2016 01:12, Chen-Che Huang wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> When a caller cancels a call, OpenSIPS will send the 487 response sent from
> the callee to the caller. However, in the case of SIP forking, I find that
> OpenSIPS will not send the 487 response to the caller after the caller
> cancels the call. Do I need any particular configuration for the SIP forking
> case? Any comment is appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Chen-Che

Re: 487 for SIP forking

Chen-Che Huang
Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

It turns out that this issue is a bug on our own clients (which have correct Vias in the 1-on-1 calls, but have problems in the SIP forking case). OpenSIPS has the contents of SIP messages totally correct. Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
Chen-Che