A discussion on Prefix Logic

symack
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on an LCR for A-Z using multiple carriers.
Since I am new to the whole spectrum I felt the need to console the
knowledge from above. I am aware of longest and shortest match rules
and there caveats. There is also the issue of carriers using different
prefixes however, the country codes, and operator number will always
have to be the same for the call to get routed properly.

That being said, how are some of you processing prefixes when sorting
carriers, performing LCR etc...

Kind Regards,

Nick.

Re: A discussion on Prefix Logic

Laszlo
We using it in a combination with the dialplan module.
But it's quite complicated, as LRN dipping, inter and intrastate routing is used here (together with some profit "protection").

- Laszlo

2013/12/9 Nick Cameo <[hidden email]>
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on an LCR for A-Z using multiple carriers.
Since I am new to the whole spectrum I felt the need to console the
knowledge from above. I am aware of longest and shortest match rules
and there caveats. There is also the issue of carriers using different
prefixes however, the country codes, and operator number will always
have to be the same for the call to get routed properly.

That being said, how are some of you processing prefixes when sorting
carriers, performing LCR etc...

Kind Regards,

Nick.

Kind regards,
Laszlo Bekesi
http://voipfreak.net

Re: A discussion on Prefix Logic

symack
Sounds Good Laszlo,

We are more concerned about profit protection however, would really
like to have some details from the experts before implementing it in
our perl script. We do use the dialplan, and dr modules as well
however for LCR we do a database query on a "rates" table that also
contains the prefixes, and carrier. From there we pass the gwlist to
DR. Pretty standard stuff.

What I am looking for are some ideas on the type of logic/pseudo used
to processes prefixes for asset protection.  I know it gets
complicated given the level of granularity. Maybe something simple but
effective at the very top level? Then drill down to the very ugly
stuff, inter, intra etc...

Kind Regards,

Nick.

Re: A discussion on Prefix Logic