ACC module with JSON events

SamyGo
Hi,

I'm using ACC module to trigger accounting events which land up in event_xmlrpc and ultimately shipped to remote CDR collection server. The sent data is obviously an XML - now, can I have an event_json like module so data is sent as JSON or is there any other way I can achieve the same ?

Regards
Sammy

Re: ACC module with JSON events

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, Samy!

Unfortunately there currently is no way (or at least no nice way) to do
that. Please open a feature request so we can take this into account[1].

[1] https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 02/23/2018 06:13 AM, SamyGo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using ACC module to trigger accounting events which land up in
> event_xmlrpc and ultimately shipped to remote CDR collection server. The
> sent data is obviously an XML - now, can I have an event_json like
> module so data is sent as JSON or is there any other way I can achieve
> the same ?
>
> Regards
> Sammy

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
   http://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2018

Re: ACC module with JSON events

SamyGo
Thanks Razvan, will open a feature request.
Jarrod Can you elaborate the steps involved please?

So, I don't have anything against XML right now but my XML receiver side is a bit of difficulty in terms of parsing the XML structure (Its done but not in a way I like it) - JSON will make it far easier.

Regards,
Sammy

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Jarrod Baumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
I build the JSON data with cdr and convert to a string for throwing events. Then whatever collects your CDR can serialize it again. This works well and is probably similar to what XML is doing.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:14 PM SamyGo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using ACC module to trigger accounting events which land up in event_xmlrpc and ultimately shipped to remote CDR collection server. The sent data is obviously an XML - now, can I have an event_json like module so data is sent as JSON or is there any other way I can achieve the same ?

Regards
Sammy

Re: ACC module with JSON events

Jarrod Baumann-4
modparam("acc", "evi_extra", "json=$avp(json_acc)")

startup_route {
  if (!subscribe_event("E_ACC_CDR", "rabbitmq:user:pass@host/queue")) {
    xlog("L_ERR","Cannot subscribe RabbitMQ to E_ACC_CDR\n");

route["set_acc_variables"] {
  $json(acc) := "{}";
  $json(acc/from_user)      = $avp(ani);
  $json(acc/to_user)        = $avp(dnis);
  $avp(json_acc)            = $json(acc); #deserialize for raising the event
}

Obviously there are other parameters involved for the acc module but this should provide the gist for using aqmp or any other method you want once you deserialize the json object.  You can catch this in a worker and serialize it to json using any language you want.

On Friday, February 23, 2018, SamyGo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jarrod,
So I see that you're creating your own CDR like variables, exactly what I want to avoid, how about call duration?
I want to avoid manual intervention and the way I'm thinking is that it'll be "event_JSONRPC" job to fetch params from E_ACC_CDR and sent a JSON out. Simple.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Regards,
Sammy

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Jarrod Baumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

DanB
Sammy,

Another option on short term until the new feature will be implemented
in OpenSIPS would be to use CGRateS as CDR format converter: receive
CDRs from "cgrates" module in OpenSIPS and use online export of CGRateS
to further export the CDR in the JSON over http (customizable fields).
You don't need to configure much on CGRateS side in this case since no
billing needs to be involved.

DanB

Re: ACC module with JSON events

Khalil Khamlichi
Hi Dan,

Can you show us how to do that with some step by step tutorial, we had
a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to use CGRates, with this
functionality of json export, we will at least use some of CGRates
functionalities and hopefully slowly get familiar with it.

Thanks in advance.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 7:51 AM, DanB <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sammy,
>
> Another option on short term until the new feature will be implemented
> in OpenSIPS would be to use CGRateS as CDR format converter: receive
> CDRs from "cgrates" module in OpenSIPS and use online export of CGRateS
> to further export the CDR in the JSON over http (customizable fields).
> You don't need to configure much on CGRateS side in this case since no
> billing needs to be involved.
>
> DanB

Re: ACC module with JSON events

SamyGo
Hi DanB,
I can certainly try CGRates, but...surely enough its an overkill for simple CDRs. Anyways, my request is for an event_JSONRPC which maybe very helpful in events outside of ACC.

Best Regards,
Sammy

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 6:13 AM, Khalil Khamlichi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dan,

Can you show us how to do that with some step by step tutorial, we had
a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to use CGRates, with this
functionality of json export, we will at least use some of CGRates
functionalities and hopefully slowly get familiar with it.

Thanks in advance.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 7:51 AM, DanB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sammy,
>
> Another option on short term until the new feature will be implemented
> in OpenSIPS would be to use CGRateS as CDR format converter: receive
> CDRs from "cgrates" module in OpenSIPS and use online export of CGRateS
> to further export the CDR in the JSON over http (customizable fields).
> You don't need to configure much on CGRateS side in this case since no
> billing needs to be involved.
>
> DanB

Re: ACC module with JSON events

SamyGo
Howdy again,

Thanks team for creating the event_jsonrpc module in 2.4 - I'm back to this topic and trying to give this module a try however opensips fail to start with following error:

Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: INFO:uac:mod_init: initializing...
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: NOTICE:event_jsonrpc:mod_init: initializing module ...
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: ERROR:core:register_event_mod: duplicate flag 4000000
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: ERROR:event_jsonrpc:mod_init: cannot register transport functions for jsonrpc
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module event_jsonrpc
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: ERROR:core:main: error while initializing modules

I do have these two module loaded as well, (which I can't remove).
loadmodule "event_routing.so"
loadmodule "event_route.so"

Any insight as to why these error show up?

Big thanks,
Sammy.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 12:07 PM SamyGo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi DanB,
I can certainly try CGRates, but...surely enough its an overkill for simple CDRs. Anyways, my request is for an event_JSONRPC which maybe very helpful in events outside of ACC.

Best Regards,
Sammy

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 6:13 AM, Khalil Khamlichi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dan,

Can you show us how to do that with some step by step tutorial, we had
a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to use CGRates, with this
functionality of json export, we will at least use some of CGRates
functionalities and hopefully slowly get familiar with it.

Thanks in advance.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 7:51 AM, DanB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sammy,
>
> Another option on short term until the new feature will be implemented
> in OpenSIPS would be to use CGRateS as CDR format converter: receive
> CDRs from "cgrates" module in OpenSIPS and use online export of CGRateS
> to further export the CDR in the JSON over http (customizable fields).
> You don't need to configure much on CGRateS side in this case since no
> billing needs to be involved.
>
> DanB

Re: ACC module with JSON events

SamyGo
Possibly found the reason:

The event_jsonrpc.c has this flag: JSONRPC_FLAG with same value "1 << 26" same as event_route.c

modules/event_route/event_route.h:#define SCRIPTROUTE_FLAG              (1 << 26)
modules/event_jsonrpc/event_jsonrpc.h:#define JSONRPC_FLAG              (1 << 26)

While other event routes have unique value. Is this intentional? can I change this flag value to something unused i.e 1 << 31  ?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:20 PM SamyGo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Howdy again,

Thanks team for creating the event_jsonrpc module in 2.4 - I'm back to this topic and trying to give this module a try however opensips fail to start with following error:

Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: INFO:uac:mod_init: initializing...
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: NOTICE:event_jsonrpc:mod_init: initializing module ...
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: ERROR:core:register_event_mod: duplicate flag 4000000
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: ERROR:event_jsonrpc:mod_init: cannot register transport functions for jsonrpc
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module event_jsonrpc
Nov 14 17:13:03 opsips   /usr/local/sbin/opensips[18997]: ERROR:core:main: error while initializing modules

I do have these two module loaded as well, (which I can't remove).
loadmodule "event_routing.so"
loadmodule "event_route.so"

Any insight as to why these error show up?

Big thanks,
Sammy.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 12:07 PM SamyGo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi DanB,
I can certainly try CGRates, but...surely enough its an overkill for simple CDRs. Anyways, my request is for an event_JSONRPC which maybe very helpful in events outside of ACC.

Best Regards,
Sammy

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 6:13 AM, Khalil Khamlichi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dan,

Can you show us how to do that with some step by step tutorial, we had
a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to use CGRates, with this
functionality of json export, we will at least use some of CGRates
functionalities and hopefully slowly get familiar with it.

Thanks in advance.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 7:51 AM, DanB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sammy,
>
> Another option on short term until the new feature will be implemented
> in OpenSIPS would be to use CGRateS as CDR format converter: receive
> CDRs from "cgrates" module in OpenSIPS and use online export of CGRateS
> to further export the CDR in the JSON over http (customizable fields).
> You don't need to configure much on CGRateS side in this case since no
> billing needs to be involved.
>
> DanB

Re: ACC module with JSON events

Răzvan Crainea-2
You're write, the issue is that the values are not unique! I have
committed a fix now, but this should definitely be changed, as its prone
to errors. I will try to rework the flags mechanism to something more
flexible.

Thanks for reporting this!
Best regards,
Răzvan

On 11/14/18 8:08 PM, SamyGo wrote:

> [...]
>              > Another option on short term until the new feature will
>             be implemented
>              > in OpenSIPS would be to use CGRateS as CDR format
>             converter: receive
>              > CDRs from "cgrates" module in OpenSIPS and use online
>             export of CGRateS
>              > to further export the CDR in the JSON over http
>             (customizable fields).
>              > You don't need to configure much on CGRateS side in this
>             case since no
>              > billing needs to be involved.
>              >
>              > DanB
>              >
>              >
>              >
>              >
>              >
>              > _______________________________________________
>              > Users mailing list
>              > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: ACC module with JSON events

Răzvan Crainea-2
Apologies, I forgot to give you credit in the commit, but I've done it
in the issue I've opened:
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1533

Best regards,
Răzvan