ACK message loops while behind firewall

Shehzad
Hi all,

My Opensips server is behind firewall. All the messages comes at port 5060 on firewall are routed to Opensips Server. Then calls are routed based on LCR. See below:

Caller      ===>  |               |
                         | Firewall   |<====> Opensips Server
Callee     <===  |                |

Currently calls are being routed properly from caller server to callee, but when Caller sends ACK in respond to callee 's 200-OK, Opensips doesn't route it back to Callee, and ACK message is sent to Opensips Server itself which creates loop. At the end Opensips server responds to Caller "483-Too many hops" as maximum hops reaches.

Have any body done anything like this before. Let me know what should be missing or possible fault.

thanks,
msp.

Re: ACK message loops while behind firewall

You need to post the whole trace (from the begining of the calls) to see
what the problem is.

msp wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My Opensips server is behind firewall. All the messages comes at port
> 5060 on firewall are routed to Opensips Server. Then calls are routed
> based on LCR. See below:
>
> Caller      ===>  |               |
>                          | Firewall   |<====> Opensips Server
> Callee     <===  |                |
>
> Currently calls are being routed properly from caller server to
> callee, but when Caller sends ACK in respond to callee 's 200-OK,
> Opensips doesn't route it back to Callee, and ACK message is sent to
> Opensips Server itself which creates loop. At the end Opensips server
> responds to Caller "483-Too many hops" as maximum hops reaches.
>
> Have any body done anything like this before. Let me know what should
> be missing or possible fault.
>
> thanks,
> msp.

Re: ACK message loops while behind firewall

Shehzad
Hello,
I have attached a whole trace as below.
MAILING_10.10.2.5_ACK_sipp.log

Some IP as referenced in the above trace are as below:
<Caller_IP> : IP address of Caller Gateway
<Opensips_local_IP> : IP address of Opensips Server
<Firewall_Public_IP> : IP address of Firewall
<Called_IP> : IP address of provider

Thanks,
msp

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote
Hi,

msp wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My Opensips server is behind firewall. All the messages comes at port
> 5060 on firewall are routed to Opensips Server. Then calls are routed
> based on LCR. See below:
>
> Caller      ===>  |               |
>                          | Firewall   |<====> Opensips Server
> Callee     <===  |                |
>
> Currently calls are being routed properly from caller server to
> callee, but when Caller sends ACK in respond to callee 's 200-OK,
> Opensips doesn't route it back to Callee, and ACK message is sent to
> Opensips Server itself which creates loop. At the end Opensips server
> responds to Caller "483-Too many hops" as maximum hops reaches.
>
> Have any body done anything like this before. Let me know what should
> be missing or possible fault.
>
> thanks,
> msp.

Re: ACK message loops while behind firewall

Shehzad
I am sending calls from SIPP and Asterisk (as Caller gateway).
SIPP calls are creating ACK message to loop locally on Opensips server as described in previous post.
But when Opensips receive ACK message from Asterisk Caller, It does not route it back to terminator thus terminator re-transmit 200OK.
I am attaching SIP trace (which is take on firewall system)
Ast.Noackback.200.retrans.log

Does any body has faced such issue. Let me know what should i try to solve this and set Opensips to handle Asterisk calls properly behind firewall?
Feel free to comment if any.

Thanks,
msp
Shehzad wrote