About Routing Logic in opensips.cfg

Yinbo-cheng
Hi,
    I want to install OpenSIPS as a presence server without privacy rules.
I use OpenIMSCore as IMS components and uctimsclent as a IMS client.
OpenSIPS is installed on the same machine with OpenIMSCore.

    I've modified opensips.cfg to enable presence, but the presence server
doesn't work. IMS client got the following message:
"Status-Line: SIP/2.0 600 Busy everywhere - Forwarding to S-CSCF failed".
While using the routing logic of presence.cfg ( in the test directory of source
codes) to replace that of opensips.cfg, the presence server works well.

    I do not understand the routing logic in the configure file. Any one can
tell me what is wrong with the routing logic in the default opensips.cfg.
The two configure files are enclosed.

Thanks,
cheng

opensips.cfg (13K) Download Attachment
presence.cfg (2K) Download Attachment

About Routing Logic in opensips.cfg

Yinbo-cheng
Hi,
    I want to install OpenSIPS as a presence server without privacy rules.
I use OpenIMSCore as IMS components and uctimsclent as a IMS client.
OpenSIPS is installed on the same machine with OpenIMSCore.

    I've modified opensips.cfg to enable presence, but the presence server
doesn't work. IMS client got the following message:
"Status-Line: SIP/2.0 600 Busy everywhere - Forwarding to S-CSCF failed".
While using the routing logic of presence.cfg ( in the test directory of source
codes) to replace that of opensips.cfg, the presence server works well.

    I do not understand the routing logic in the configure file. Any one can
tell me what is wrong with the routing logic in the default opensips.cfg and
where can i find the help documents about routing logic.
The two configure files are enclosed.

Thanks,
cheng

opensips.cfg (13K) Download Attachment
presence.cfg (2K) Download Attachment

Re: About Routing Logic in opensips.cfg

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Cheng,

The big difference is that the opensips.cfg script includes
functionalities of a Registrar, home proxy, presence proxy, etc, while
the presence.cfg is just a simple presence server.

The problem with the opensips.cfg is you get a functionality conflict
between the IMSCore and OpenSIPS - both want to be registrar, home
proxy, etc..

As you want opensips as a simple presence server, use the presence.cfg file.

Yinbo-cheng wrote:

> Hi,
>     I want to install OpenSIPS as a presence server without privacy rules.
> I use OpenIMSCore as IMS components and uctimsclent as a IMS client.
> OpenSIPS is installed on the same machine with OpenIMSCore.
>
>     I've modified opensips.cfg to enable presence, but the presence server
> doesn't work. IMS client got the following message:
> "Status-Line: SIP/2.0 600 Busy everywhere - Forwarding to S-CSCF failed".
> While using the routing logic of presence.cfg ( in the test directory
> of source
> codes) to replace that of opensips.cfg, the presence server works well.
>
>     I do not understand the routing logic in the configure file. Any
> one can
> tell me what is wrong with the routing logic in the default
> opensips.cfg and
> where can i find the help documents about routing logic.
> The two configure files are enclosed.
>
> Thanks,
> cheng

Re: About Routing Logic in opensips.cfg

maanasa
Hi Cheng,

I have the same problem as you, where a 600 Busy everywhere message is sent for the same setup as yours (OpenSIPS and OpenIMSCore but with a X-Lite client). I am using OpenSIPS as an application server and thus defined it in FHoSS with SPTs as SUBSCRIBE and PUBLISH for the SIP-methods.

After seeing this thread I tried using the presence.cfg as the configuration file, but somehow the openSIPS just does not start with this config. I tried renaming it to opensips.cfg too.
Since you say it worked for you how did you do this? Did you just replace the routing logic alone, leaving all other parts unchanged? Or did you replace the whole opensips.cfg file with presence.cfg?

Any help regarding this would be great.

Thanks in advance

--maanasa

[...]

try to read this