About the branche pseudovariables

Ricardo Martins
Hi all!

I´m using a script design that sequentially call 3 diferent r-uri on a
specific gateway, one after the other, with only the 3rd one getting a
succesfull response. I'm using two failure routes for that. Everything
is working fine, except that I can't recover the branch string of those
transactions.

Using a sniffer I can see that every time the opensips execute the
failure route and send a new INVITE to the gateway, the branch id on the
via header has a new ".X" sufix, but when I try to get this string,
using either xlog or acc, the pseudovariables $br or $bR are presented
with NULL content.

I was specting, on those pseudvariables, values like:
branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.0 for the 1st
branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.1 for the 2nd and
branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.2 for the 3rd.

Do anybody already tried to work with those branch pseudovariables? Did
you get any result?

Regards to all!

Ricardo Martins
Brasilia - Brasil

Re: About the branche pseudovariables

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Ricardo,

$br is for "URI of the first branch" - see
http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.DocsCoreVar#toc11

none of the "branch" related pvs are related to the VIA header "branch"
param, but to the URIs of the branches (as a result of SIP forking).

But, why do you need the VIA branch param?

Ricardo Martins wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I´m using a script design that sequentially call 3 diferent r-uri on a
> specific gateway, one after the other, with only the 3rd one getting a
> succesfull response. I'm using two failure routes for that. Everything
> is working fine, except that I can't recover the branch string of those
> transactions.
>
> Using a sniffer I can see that every time the opensips execute the
> failure route and send a new INVITE to the gateway, the branch id on the
> via header has a new ".X" sufix, but when I try to get this string,
> using either xlog or acc, the pseudovariables $br or $bR are presented
> with NULL content.
>
> I was specting, on those pseudvariables, values like:
> branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.0 for the 1st
> branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.1 for the 2nd and
> branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.2 for the 3rd.
>

> Do anybody already tried to work with those branch pseudovariables? Did
> you get any result?
>

> Regards to all!
>
> Ricardo Martins
> Brasilia - Brasil

Re: About the branche pseudovariables

Ricardo Martins
Hi Bogdan!

I realy missed that that $br was about uri. Now I got. The reason I want
to isolate the branch param of via header is to help me to agregate all
the failed branches of a failed/sucessfull INVITE transaction. All those
branches will be tried in sequence for a "n" number of times before
getting a sucessfull answer or failing at all.

Maybe I can do this with call-id and cseq, am I right?

Regards,

Ricardo.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escreveu:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> $br is for "URI of the first branch" - see
> http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.DocsCoreVar#toc11
>
> none of the "branch" related pvs are related to the VIA header
> "branch" param, but to the URIs of the branches (as a result of SIP
> forking).
>
> But, why do you need the VIA branch param?
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Ricardo Martins wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I´m using a script design that sequentially call 3 diferent r-uri on
>> a specific gateway, one after the other, with only the 3rd one
>> getting a succesfull response. I'm using two failure routes for that.
>> Everything is working fine, except that I can't recover the branch
>> string of those transactions.
>>
>> Using a sniffer I can see that every time the opensips execute the
>> failure route and send a new INVITE to the gateway, the branch id on
>> the via header has a new ".X" sufix, but when I try to get this
>> string, using either xlog or acc, the pseudovariables $br or $bR are
>> presented with NULL content.
>>
>> I was specting, on those pseudvariables, values like:
>> branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.0 for the 1st
>> branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.1 for the 2nd and
>> branch=z9hG4bK8f68.09e09367.2 for the 3rd.
>>

>> Do anybody already tried to work with those branch pseudovariables?
>> Did you get any result?
>>

>> Regards to all!
>>
>> Ricardo Martins
>> Brasilia - Brasil

Re: About the branche pseudovariables

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Ricardo,

You can access the VIA hdr via pseuso variables - $hdr(via) and use some
regexp to extract the branch number out of it....