About using an adicional subscriber table on auth_db module

About using an adicional subscriber table on auth_db module

Ricardo Martins
Hi all!

In order to attend designing necessities we need to authenticate some
UAs with two diferent passwords, depending on user_agent information. I
spent some time trying to script two diferent www_authorize and
proxy_authorize functions, one for each table. The sintax is fine but
Opensips do not start properly (I got an error of incorrect table
version, even in openser old versions 1.0.1).

Do anybody knows how to make it work?

Regards! Ricardo.

Re: About using an adicional subscriber table on auth_db module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Ricardo,

There are actually 2 ways of doing without changing the code:

1) xxxx_authorize() functions take as third param the "table" name (note
you have to place in version table the record for the new table also)

2) load both passwd from DB (via avp_db_query() for example) and use
pv_xxxx_authorize() function  - these functions take passwd as input
from a PV.

Could you post the errors you get?

Ricardo Martins wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> In order to attend designing necessities we need to authenticate some
> UAs with two diferent passwords, depending on user_agent information. I
> spent some time trying to script two diferent www_authorize and
> proxy_authorize functions, one for each table. The sintax is fine but
> Opensips do not start properly (I got an error of incorrect table
> version, even in openser old versions 1.0.1).
>
> Do anybody knows how to make it work?
>
> Regards! Ricardo.

Re: About using an adicional subscriber table on auth_db module

Ricardo Martins
Bogdan, I had forgoten to add the record for subscriber2 in version
table! That was the issue (or "cat jump") blocking me to put my design
to work. Thanks for that enlightning answer.

Now, just to keep the record: I could suscefuly work with a script that
authenticates REGISTERs and INVITEs based on two diferent subscriber
tables, depending on some script checks (Im my case, user-agent header).

When I tried to do this without adding a record for the second table (In
my case, subscriber2) on opensips.version table, the error I got in
opensips startup was:

ERROR:core:db_check_table_version: invalid version 0 for table
subscriber2 found, expected 7

Best regards and thanks again.

Ricardo.