Accounting of 200 OK and BYE

Daniel Zanutti
In what exactly moment the 200OK and BYE messages are accounted and written to the database?

At the moment Opensips receive the 200 OK or after receive ACK of 200 OK?

Also on BYE, when receive BYE or on 200 OK of BYE?

Thanks

Re: Accounting of 200 OK and BYE

Alex Balashov
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 03:40:29PM -0300, Daniel Zanutti wrote:

> In what exactly moment the 200OK and BYE messages are accounted and written
> to the database?
>
> At the moment Opensips receive the 200 OK or after receive ACK of 200 OK?
>
> Also on BYE, when receive BYE or on 200 OK of BYE?

Are you referring to the ACC module, or some other method of accounting?
:-)

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Re: Accounting of 200 OK and BYE

Daniel Zanutti
Yes, ACC module.

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:45 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 03:40:29PM -0300, Daniel Zanutti wrote:

> In what exactly moment the 200OK and BYE messages are accounted and written
> to the database?
>
> At the moment Opensips receive the 200 OK or after receive ACK of 200 OK?
>
> Also on BYE, when receive BYE or on 200 OK of BYE?

Are you referring to the ACC module, or some other method of accounting?
:-)

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B1-706-510-6800" value="+17065106800">+1-706-510-6800 / <a href="tel:%2B1-800-250-5920" value="+18002505920">+1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Re: Accounting of 200 OK and BYE

Alex Balashov
My understanding is that this is a rather simple module without sophisticated state componentry, and that it logs things immediately as received, in the same iteration of message processing.

-- Alex

--
Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)

Sent from my Google Nexus.

Re: Accounting of 200 OK and BYE

Daniel Zanutti
Hi Alex

I'm having a billing problem from receiving BYE to 200 OK is taking more than 500ms. If BYE is accounted when it's received, great!

Are you absolutely sure it works this way?

Thanks

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 04:49:16PM -0300, Daniel Zanutti wrote:

> I'm having a billing problem from receiving BYE to 200 OK is taking more
> than 500ms. If BYE is accounted when it's received, great!

> Are you absolutely sure it works this way?

As far as I have always seen it behave, yeah.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Re: Accounting of 200 OK and BYE

Hi Daniel,

There are 3 types of accountings in OpenSIPS - per message, per transaction, per dialog.

For the per message, it is clear :) . When doing per-transaction accounting, the ACC record is written when the transaction is completed with a final response (>=200) on the UAS side (towards caller). For the dialog based accounting, the time reference (for ending the call) is the reception of BYE request; still the CDR is written on the BYE final reply (as OpenSIPS allows you to collect CDR info from the BYE replies too).

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 07/20/2017 10:49 PM, Daniel Zanutti wrote:
Hi Alex

I'm having a billing problem from receiving BYE to 200 OK is taking more than 500ms. If BYE is accounted when it's received, great!

Are you absolutely sure it works this way?

Thanks

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Alex Balashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
My understanding is that this is a rather simple module without sophisticated state componentry, and that it logs things immediately as received, in the same iteration of message processing.

-- Alex

--
Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)

Sent from my Google Nexus.

Re: Accounting of 200 OK and BYE

Daniel Zanutti
Hi Bogdan

So on transaction accounting, the record is written after transaction receives final response. So it's not written as soon I receive BYE, but when I receive the 200OK of the BYE.

My customer is complaining that the call is taking 200ms more and our system is charging 1 sec more than on his billing. On million calls, this is generating a some thousands difference.

Thanks for the information!

Regards

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Daniel,

Yes, transaction is on the final response - fro INVITE you want to account when the call was accepted, not when it was dialed. If you want for the BYE to account when the request was received, use extra accounting to store the timestamp (ms also) of receiving the BYE (via script operations). When you correlate the INVITE with the BYE, you will calculate the duration from the 200 OK INVITE to the BYE request.

Or much simpler just use dialog based accounting which is already doing this.