Advise on proposed HVOIP/SIPT infrastructure with OpenSIPS

Advise on proposed HVOIP/SIPT infrastructure with OpenSIPS

Marty van de Veerdonk
Hello community,
I know that there isn't 1 best practise to deploy VOIP services with OpenSIPS, but maybe you can inform me with some absolute do and dont's for this scenario.

I want to deploy Hosted VOIP and SIP trunking services via Internet and IPVPN connections. As interconnect i want use multiple wholesale ISPs. The customers must have (secure) access to Freeswitch and billing service.

The proposed infrastructure is;

# server OP1 + OP2: redundant OpenSIPS server
functions: Access & Interconnect SBC, loadbalancer 50-50, local DB for config OpenSIPS
services: OpenSIPS, ssh, database
interfaces: 2 to outside Internet, 2 inside network

# server FS1+FS2: redundant Freeswitch/billing server
functions: Freeswitch, (maybe FusionPBX), billing server, HOMER, local DB for config Freeswitch
services: ssh, web server, database
interfaces: 2 to outsite internet (GUI access freeswitch & billing), 2 inside network

# server DB1+DB2: redundant database server
function: database for billing records
services: ssh, database
interfaces: 2 to inside network

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Marty

Re: Advise on proposed HVOIP/SIPT infrastructure with OpenSIPS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Marty,

As a high level blueprint, it looks ok - I suggest using in OpenSIPs the new FreeSWITCH integration for better load balancing :
    https://blog.opensips.org/2017/03/01/freeswitch-driven-routing-in-opensips-2-3/

and using topo hiding in OpenSIPS to avoid exposing the FS IP addresses.

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html