B2B not relaying 180 in prepaid scenario

B2B not relaying 180 in prepaid scenario

Andreas Bøckmann
Hello

I am playing around with B2B and running OpenSIPS proxy and B2B on the same VM.
I am triggering prepaid scenario on initial INVITEs for authenticated clients.

Now; everything seems to work OK except for the fact that 180 is not relayed and no ringing is ever heard on the A-side after listening to Media and while connecting to B-side.

It seems to somehow be swallowed by B2B. It's passed to B2B which seems to not handle 180 while in bridging scenario?

DBG:tm:local_reply: Passing provisional reply 180 to FIFO application
DBG:b2b_logic:b2b_logic_notify_reply: Received a reply [180] while in BRIDGING scenario

Even though A-side is connected (after listening to media) it would make sense to let the A-side play ringing while trying to reach the B-side.

Any ideas of how I can solve this?

The OpenSIPS log for handling 180 can be found here: https://pastebin.com/fPVgLrCG

Thanks a lot for your kind support!

//Andreas

Re: B2B not relaying 180 in prepaid scenario

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Andreas,

Yes, in bridging mode (when one of the party was already connected to a previous entity), the provisional replies are not sent anymore (during the re-INVITE) as make no sense (for the already connected party).

In your case, once the A side was connected (via 200 OK) to the media server, an incoming 180 on the re-INVITE (while bridging to the B side) will not induce a ringing tone at all.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 07/04/2017 02:07 PM, Andreas Bøckmann wrote:
[...]

As I don't know of any mechanism to force a ringing in an ongoing call by simply using SIP signaling, an alternative is to do inject the ringing as media stream - you can use rtpproxy to play a ringing to the A-side between the re-INVITE and its 200 OK.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 07/04/2017 08:00 PM, Andreas Bøckmann wrote:
Hello Bogdan

It makes sense; to not send them out that is. The A-side has sent 200 in reply to re-INVITE and is already "in a call".

Is it braking RFC3261 to send them to the client and is there anything said in regards of how the client must/shall act when receiving 180 after 200?

It would make sense to me to let the A-party know the status of "call-progress" during the call (actually both towards mediaserver and later B-party).

How would you suggest solving the case of actually playing back 180 for the A-side after hearing the first media?

Using the prepaid scenario example it's waiting for BYE from the mediaserver before re-INVITE and connecting the actual B-party.
This allows me to force the mediafile to finish playing - something I want it to (not inject media in 183 or similar during ringing).

//Andreas