B2BUA | Refer scenario not sending SDP

SamyGo

Hello,

I’ve been trying to configure the REFER scenario but so far no luck. I've successfully called the scenario on initial INVITE and seems like I'm getting B2B responses and replies but when I see sip traces the following two anomalies exist.

1- Refer-To header value is not used anywhere in new INVITE

2- SDP is not sent in new INVITE.

Please help.

Best Regards,

Sam

Re: B2BUA | Refer scenario not sending SDP

Anca Vamanu-3
Hi Sam,

Seems that you have a bad understanding of what the Refer scenario must do. Let's say A and B are in a call. When a Refer message is received from A, the B2B will terminate the call leg with A and will try connect B and the URI in the Refer-To header. The connection is done indeed by sending first an Invite without any SDP to B and doing a late SDP negotiation in 200OK and ACK.
So what you observed, is in fact the wanted behavior.

Regards,
Anca Vamanu

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Sam Govind <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I’ve been trying to configure the REFER scenario but so far no luck. I've successfully called the scenario on initial INVITE and seems like I'm getting B2B responses and replies but when I see sip traces the following two anomalies exist.

1- Refer-To header value is not used anywhere in new INVITE

2- SDP is not sent in new INVITE.

Please help.

Best Regards,

Sam

Re: B2BUA | Refer scenario not sending SDP

SamyGo
Thanks Anca for the explanation, but can you just tell me if what I'm trying to do here is possible with B2BUA or not? if you are saying that A side Refer-to header will be read then obviously I need to take care of the client1 and server1 parameters accordingly.

I've a FreeSwitch as Media-Server to play some IVR to User-A and collect DTMF.OpenSIPS will be acting as B2BUA for this call.

Once DTMF are collected, Media-Server Refers the call back to OpenSIPS
At OpenSIPS I need to do some accounting on the collected DTMF    (I may need more than one XML script to get the control back)
If I get OK from AAA then Send INVITE to the DTMF destination
else Send INVITE to Media-Server to play some Message.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Anca Vamanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hey Anca,

Please tell me why can't I capture the "Refer-To" header coming from B-leg of the call ? earlier in your reply you said its for A-leg. I can't seem to have it working for B-leg.

Thanks,
Sammy

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Sam Govind <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Sammy,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Sam Govind <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Anca,

Please tell me why can't I capture the "Refer-To" header coming from B-leg of the call ? earlier in your reply you said its for A-leg. I can't seem to have it working for B-leg.

It doesn't matter if it is A or B.
You can take the Refer-To header in the b2b_request route: http://www.opensips.org/Resources/B2buaTutorial#toc19.

Regards,
Anca

[...]

Yes, thanks for confirming, that it doesn't matter which leg refer is coming from, now the question is :
<destination>
       <value type="header">Refer-To</value>
</destination>

What is the purpose of the above block when there is no change in the generated INVITE !! I mean isn't it supposed to get the URI of the C party from this header and send out invite !

Also I just looked at  b2b_request and it seems like it'll help me alot , however, I can detect a REFER request in that route, there I added a custom Header and that is nowhere to be found in siptraces, also changing anything in my SIP message doesn't work either. Is this correct behaviour for this route/module?

Thanks alot for replying to my noobish questions. I really appreciate.