BYE not terminating call

Andreas Bøckmann
Hello

I am sending a BYE to some carrier which does not reply back anything and I am trying to understand what I might be doing wrong. They are running some Cisco gateway so I expect them to deal with signaling better than what I do..

Basically the scenario is identical to https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-B2BUA#toc14 - with the exception I have a proxy in between B2B and PSTN-GW for routing purposes.

LegA (to "caller")
LegB (to "mediaserver")
LegC (to "callee")

After completing playing the media; the call is re-invited to A and a new call is setup towards C.

* If I reject the initial call (before media - session 1) on Cs terminal; everything is OK and A is disconnected.

* If I hangup on A during "session 2", C is not disconnected

* If I hangup on C during "session 2", A is not disconnected

* If I let the call time out during "session 2" (I have a timer set for max duration) C is disconnected and A is not.

What causes my head to spin is that I have 3 carriers; two of them accept the signaling flow "as is" and terminates the calls correctly in all scenarios.

The one carrier I want to use has the behavior seen above.

Does anybody have any suggestion on what I might do on my side to terminate these calls properly or any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Thank!

Kind regards,

Andy

Re: BYE not terminating call

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Andreas,

First of all you need to be sure about the attempted signaling from opensips side - do you have a SIP capture from the b2b machine, showing all the legs ? it is interesting to see the signaling.

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html