CANCEL handling in 1.6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CANCEL handling in 1.6

Jeff Pyle
Hello,

Have there been any changes in 1.6 that would change the way CANCELs are
processed, compared to 1.5?

I have a functioning 1.5 config (very basic) and when updated to 1.6,
CANCELs fail.  I cannot detect them with xlogs entering route[0] or any
failure or reply route.  Very strange.

Revision 6091.


- Jeff


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CANCEL handling in 1.6

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Jeff,

Jeff Pyle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have there been any changes in 1.6 that would change the way CANCELs are
> processed, compared to 1.5?
>  
Not really.
> I have a functioning 1.5 config (very basic) and when updated to 1.6,
> CANCELs fail.  I cannot detect them with xlogs entering route[0] or any
> failure or reply route.  Very strange.
>  
so you actually do not get any CANCEL in your script? do you see it at
network level getting to your server? also tried to place some xlog  in
the very beginning of the script?
> Revision 6091.
>  
even if thers is no CANCEL related, try upgrading to the latest SVN.

Regards,
Bogdan

>
> - Jeff
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CANCEL handling in 1.6

Jeff Pyle
Hi Bogdan,


On 9/15/09 2:39 AM, "Bogdan-Andrei Iancu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> so you actually do not get any CANCEL in your script? do you see it at
> network level getting to your server? also tried to place some xlog  in
> the very beginning of the script?

Right.  I had something like this at the very beginning:
  xlog("L_INFO", "Top - M=$rm\n");

and I never saw the cancels.  I did see them entering the interface with
ngrep.

> even if thers is no CANCEL related, try upgrading to the latest SVN.

That would make sense.  My problem is the dev box for this project is an old
Ultrasparc-III and it takes 45 minutes to make the deb packages.  :/  Once I
finish whining I will do exactly as you suggest.


- Jeff




_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CANCEL handling in 1.6

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Jeff,

I just run a fast CANCEL test (made a call and cancelled it) and it
looks ok (using the default opensips script).

If the update did not fix your issue, just let me know.

Regards,
Bogdan

Jeff Pyle wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
>
> On 9/15/09 2:39 AM, "Bogdan-Andrei Iancu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  
>> so you actually do not get any CANCEL in your script? do you see it at
>> network level getting to your server? also tried to place some xlog  in
>> the very beginning of the script?
>>    
>
> Right.  I had something like this at the very beginning:
>   xlog("L_INFO", "Top - M=$rm\n");
>
> and I never saw the cancels.  I did see them entering the interface with
> ngrep.
>
>  
>> even if thers is no CANCEL related, try upgrading to the latest SVN.
>>    
>
> That would make sense.  My problem is the dev box for this project is an old
> Ultrasparc-III and it takes 45 minutes to make the deb packages.  :/  Once I
> finish whining I will do exactly as you suggest.
>
>
> - Jeff
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CANCEL handling in 1.6

Jeff Pyle
Hi Bogdan,

1.6 revision 6127 seems to handle the CANCELs just fine on my system.


- Jeff



On 9/15/09 9:08 AM, "Bogdan-Andrei Iancu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I just run a fast CANCEL test (made a call and cancelled it) and it
> looks ok (using the default opensips script).
>
> If the update did not fix your issue, just let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Jeff Pyle wrote:
>> Hi Bogdan,
>>
>>
>> On 9/15/09 2:39 AM, "Bogdan-Andrei Iancu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  
>>> so you actually do not get any CANCEL in your script? do you see it at
>>> network level getting to your server? also tried to place some xlog  in
>>> the very beginning of the script?
>>>    
>>
>> Right.  I had something like this at the very beginning:
>>   xlog("L_INFO", "Top - M=$rm\n");
>>
>> and I never saw the cancels.  I did see them entering the interface with
>> ngrep.
>>
>>  
>>> even if thers is no CANCEL related, try upgrading to the latest SVN.
>>>    
>>
>> That would make sense.  My problem is the dev box for this project is an old
>> Ultrasparc-III and it takes 45 minutes to make the deb packages.  :/  Once I
>> finish whining I will do exactly as you suggest.
>>
>>
>> - Jeff
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>>
>>  
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users