CDRTool Q

Brian Chamberlain-2
Hi Adrian,

I got my issue resolved with the rating not appearing. 2 Questions for you:

Say a Provider operating and the normal rules are 0 for local 00 for international and the country code is 44

How should I write phone number dialled for a special rate number for example a fixed rate 1890 number. The customer dials 1890 . CDRTool logic will think this is america. Just put in an international rate even though it's special local dialcode? ie, pretend it's an American number.

Second question. When you renormalize through the web gui is there a maximum number of records you can do or some other criteria. It seems if I try to do above 7 days it will not work.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Chamberlain
Dot Net Solutions Ltd.
68 Parkwest Enterprise Centre,
Parkwest,
Dublin 12,
Ireland.

DDI:
[+353]
1
6296521

FAX:
[+353]
1
6237029

mobile:
[+353]
86
3883003

web:

* Looking for the most advanced PBX available that can also save you a fortune in communication costs?  asterisk.ie *

e-mail disclaimer

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use
or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender
immediately, then delete this e-mail.

Re: CDRTool Q

Adrian Georgescu

On Feb 12, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Brian Chamberlain wrote:

Hi Adrian,

I got my issue resolved with the rating not appearing. 2 Questions for you:

Two? :-)

Say a Provider operating and the normal rules are 0 for local 00 for international and the country code is 44

How should I write phone number dialled for a special rate number for example a fixed rate 1890 number. The customer dials 1890 . CDRTool logic will think this is america.

Well, it will not be able to find a destination ID for such a short number so it will not consider it as being an US destination.

Just put in an international rate even though it's special local dialcode? ie, pretend it's an American number.

Try entering user@domain in the rate and dest table. The full URI taken from the CanonicalURI field will be matched, which is what you want for these service numbers.

Second question. When you renormalize through the web gui is there a maximum number of records you can do or some other criteria. It seems if I try to do above 7 days it will not work.

There is a section about re-normalization of CDRs in RATING.txt document. It may shed some light about this issue.

On 12 Feb 2009, at 18:14, Adrian Georgescu wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Brian Chamberlain wrote:
>
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> I got my issue resolved with the rating not appearing. 2 Questions
>> for you:
>>

> Two? :-)

Yes Two :)

>> Say a Provider operating and the normal rules are 0 for local 00
>> for international and the country code is 44
>>
>> How should I write phone number dialled for a special rate number
>> for example a fixed rate 1890 number. The customer dials 1890 .
>> CDRTool logic will think this is america.
>
> Well, it will not be able to find a destination ID for such a short
> number so it will not consider it as being an US destination.

Sorry, I didn't explain very well, 1890 is the prefix, so it will be
1890xxxxxx and that is just an example, there are also premium rate
numbers 1550xxxxxx for example which are charged at quite high rates..

>> Just put in an international rate even though it's special local
>> dialcode? ie, pretend it's an American number.
>
> Try entering user@domain in the rate and dest table. The full URI
> taken from the CanonicalURI field will be matched, which is what you
> want for these service numbers.

I can see how this may work for directory enquiries for example 11850 ..

>> Second question. When you renormalize through the web gui is there
>> a maximum number of records you can do or some other criteria. It
>> seems if I try to do above 7 days it will not work.
>
> There is a section about re-normalization of CDRs in RATING.txt
> document. It may shed some light about this issue.

I couldn't see anything about any limitiation on the number of CDR's
that can be renormalized using the GUI. It seems the only sure fire
way that I can get them to renormalize using the gui is to do it in
24h lumps. I can't use the php script to do it, it will only do Jan/
Feb and ignores radacct200812.

Is there a correct place to submit feature requests?

One thing that would be really nice is if you are billing in /60 it
would be nice to have a period in, ie. if you are getting billed in /1
from your SIP providers your margin is incorrect if you are billing /60.

Thanks for a great tool!

Brian

Re: CDRTool Q

Adrian Georgescu
>>> Say a Provider operating and the normal rules are 0 for local 00
>>> for international and the country code is 44
>>>
>>> How should I write phone number dialled for a special rate number
>>> for example a fixed rate 1890 number. The customer dials 1890 .
>>> CDRTool logic will think this is america.
>>
>> Well, it will not be able to find a destination ID for such a short
>> number so it will not consider it as being an US destination.
>>

> Sorry, I didn't explain very well, 1890 is the prefix, so it will be
> 1890xxxxxx and that is just an example, there are also premium rate
> numbers 1550xxxxxx for example which are charged at quite high rates..

The Canonical URI should always contain the full E164 number. From the
point of view of the engine those numbers should be 441890XXXXX with
country code in front.

The fact that your send those numbers without 44 is something you
should rewrite in the request URI in the proxy when the Invite goes out.

> I couldn't see anything about any limitiation on the number of CDR's
> that can be renormalized using the GUI.

It much depends how much time it takes. You do not want to re-
normalize 1 million records from the web page. You should not use the
web page for more than a few hundred records.

> It seems the only sure fire way that I can get them to renormalize
> using the gui is to do it in 24h lumps. I can't use the php script
> to do it, it will only do Jan/Feb and ignores radacct200812.
>
> Is there a correct place to submit feature requests?

Would an option for the normalize.php script to use a specific table
solve this?

If you are in a hurry just edit the normalize.php script and set $CDRS-
 >table=your_own_table before the normalize() function.

> One thing that would be really nice is if you are billing in /60 it
> would be nice to have a period in, ie. if you are getting billed in /
> 1 from your SIP providers your margin is incorrect if you are
> billing /60.

I believe that what you describe is already possible or I do not
undertand your question.

Adrian

Re: CDRTool Q

Brian Chamberlain-2
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the answers, spot on! One last question (pushing my luck)!

If I want to give some customers different rates for a very small
number of destinations (like 3) how do I do this without having to
duplicate two entire sets of rates (on/off peak).

Could I setup a new profile with point that profile at the special
rates with the default rates as fallback or is this a bad way of doing
it, ie., will rate the calls but generate a lot of errors?

Thanks,.
Brian
On 13 Feb 2009, at 09:03, Adrian Georgescu wrote:

>>> Well, it will not be able to find a destination ID for such a
>>> short number so it will not consider it as being an US destination.
>>>

>> Sorry, I didn't explain very well, 1890 is the prefix, so it will
>> be 1890xxxxxx and that is just an example, there are also premium
>> rate numbers 1550xxxxxx for example which are charged at quite high
>> rates..
>
> The Canonical URI should always contain the full E164 number. From
> the point of view of the engine those numbers should be 441890XXXXX
> with country code in front.
>
> The fact that your send those numbers without 44 is something you
> should rewrite in the request URI in the proxy when the Invite goes
> out.
>
>> I couldn't see anything about any limitiation on the number of
>> CDR's that can be renormalized using the GUI.
>
> It much depends how much time it takes. You do not want to re-
> normalize 1 million records from the web page. You should not use
> the web page for more than a few hundred records.
>
>> It seems the only sure fire way that I can get them to renormalize
>> using the gui is to do it in 24h lumps. I can't use the php script
>> to do it, it will only do Jan/Feb and ignores radacct200812.
>>
>> Is there a correct place to submit feature requests?
>
> Would an option for the normalize.php script to use a specific table
> solve this?
>
> If you are in a hurry just edit the normalize.php script and set
> $CDRS->table=your_own_table before the normalize() function.
>
>> One thing that would be really nice is if you are billing in /60 it
>> would be nice to have a period in, ie. if you are getting billed
>> in /1 from your SIP providers your margin is incorrect if you are
>> billing /60.
>
> I believe that what you describe is already possible or I do not
> undertand your question.
>
> Adrian

Re: CDRTool Q

Adrian Georgescu

On Feb 13, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Brian Chamberlain wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thanks for the answers, spot on! One last question (pushing my luck)!
>
> If I want to give some customers different rates for a very small
> number of destinations (like 3) how do I do this without having to
> duplicate two entire sets of rates (on/off peak).

Set a rate plan with the 3 destinations than in the customer table set
the fallback profile to your full table.

> Could I setup a new profile with point that profile at the special
> rates with the default rates as fallback or is this a bad way of
> doing it, ie., will rate the calls but generate a lot of errors?

Yes, every customer has a main and fallback profile so you can realize
this setup out of the box.

Adrian