CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

symack
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to get media based metering using
CDRTool+RTPProxy? I saw that this is done using MediaProxy however,
all of our infrastructure is behind nat, and as far as we've been told
MediaProxy needs to be on a public ip?

Can someone please explain how we can accomplish this using CDRTool
and RTPProxy?

Kind Regards,

Nick.

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

symack
I really feel bad for bumping emails however, we are currently being harassed
by an external entity to get media based accounting going, and really trying
to get the attention of the CDRTool, MediaProxy, and RTPProxy group to help
in our problem.

A kind and not so obnoxious "trying to get media based accounting using CDRTool,
and RTPProxy" bump :),

Nick.

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

David J.-2
You really cant get this solution to work with CDRTool.

(Of course you "Can" but there is no simple way without re-engineering
alot of stuff.

On 6/17/13 1:48 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:

> I really feel bad for bumping emails however, we are currently being harassed
> by an external entity to get media based accounting going, and really trying
> to get the attention of the CDRTool, MediaProxy, and RTPProxy group to help
> in our problem.
>
> A kind and not so obnoxious "trying to get media based accounting using CDRTool,
> and RTPProxy" bump :),
>
> Nick.

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

symack
My understanding is MediaProxy needs a public IP however, as I think I
already mentioned our network (OpenSIPS, RTPPRoxy....)is behind NAT. I
did find this MediaProxy hardcode solution, and was wondering if the
AG fellas or anyone can elaborate?:

http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/users/2008-January/015111.html

Desperate Plea :),

Nick.

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

Stefano Pisani
Nick, what to do you mean with "Media Based Accounting".
Could you explain the concept to us?

Thx
Stefano.

Il 17/06/2013 20.12, Nick Khamis ha scritto:

> My understanding is MediaProxy needs a public IP however, as I think I
> already mentioned our network (OpenSIPS, RTPPRoxy....)is behind NAT. I
> did find this MediaProxy hardcode solution, and was wondering if the
> AG fellas or anyone can elaborate?:
>
> http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/users/2008-January/015111.html
>
> Desperate Plea :),
>
> Nick.

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

symack
When considering accounting there are two trains of thoughts:

* SIP Message Based (i.e., accounting based on INVITE/BYE)
* Using MediaProxy and RTPStream

Both would need Freeradius and CDRTool which we are currently using.

For more info, and for my reference as well we you can see this earlier
thread:

http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/users/2008-October/020332.html

Kind Regards,

Nick.

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

Eduardo Lejarreta Langarica SARENET
Good morning Nick.

We've got no experience with RTP-proxy but I understand there will not be
many differences.

For both accountings you don't need FreeRadius nor CDRTool.

For SIP accounting you can use Dialog and Acc modules.
For RTP accounting you can use Acc and MediaProxy modules.

Proxies being behind NAT is not a good idea.

Regards.
--
Eduardo Lejarreta.

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

symack
Hello Eduardo,

Thank you so much for your response. When you say there would be
little difference in terms of rtp based accounting between mediaproxy
and rtpproxy, can anyone provide an example please? As mentioned we
are currently using the standard sip based using acc and dialog.

NAT Based proxies have been a challenge however, we have overcome all
of them thanks to opensips.

I will look into the mediaproxy module to seek out the acc
''simillarities'', and see if we have anything for rtpproxy.

Kinds Regards,

Nick

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

Eduardo Lejarreta Langarica SARENET
Good evening Nick.

I've looking for a bit over RTP proxy modules and I'm not going to be able
to establish a quick parallel solution (maybe it's not so easy as I
imagined)

Over Mediaproxy: all RTP streams can be saved on DB on "media_sessions"
table. This one will contain al RTP flows. You have to cross this table with
"acc" table to avoid "early media accounting" and other issues like several
RTP flows for same callid (think about re-INVITES, fax negotiations
G711-T38-G711, ...)

This join with "acc" table will also help you to achieve the information
that RTP aware software is not able to achieve, P-Asserted-ID, Source and IP
destination (different from Media Source and IP), etc...

Best regards.
--
Eduardo Lejarreta.

On 6/18/13, Eduardo Lejarreta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good evening Nick.
>
> I've looking for a bit over RTP proxy modules and I'm not going to be able
> to establish a quick parallel solution (maybe it's not so easy as I
> imagined)
>
> Over Mediaproxy: all RTP streams can be saved on DB on "media_sessions"
> table. This one will contain al RTP flows. You have to cross this table
> with
> "acc" table to avoid "early media accounting" and other issues like several
> RTP flows for same callid (think about re-INVITES, fax negotiations
> G711-T38-G711, ...)
>
> This join with "acc" table will also help you to achieve the information
> that RTP aware software is not able to achieve, P-Asserted-ID, Source and
> IP
> destination (different from Media Source and IP), etc...
>
> Best regards.
> --
> Eduardo Lejarreta.

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you so much for your response!!!! I have not had a chance to
further look into
the mediaproxy or rtpproxy modules regarding this issue however, will
do so in the
next few days.

Would it be possible to provide a snippet of the opensips scripts that
include the
mediaproxy implementation that you explained above:

* Saving RTP streams to media_sessions table
* Do you cross check "media_sessions" with "acc" for the various
instances (early media, re-invites, T38)using OpenSIPS script? Or is
this done in background directly on the database?

As you would imagine, we already have ACC module working, and looking
how to integrate  media accounting using RTPProxy if possible, or by
somehow patching mediaproxy to work behind NAT.

I really hope the folks from RTPProxy or AG could comment on this kindly.

Regards,

Nick.

Re: CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

Eduardo Lejarreta Langarica SARENET
Good morning Nick.

Saving RTP streams to media_sessions table -> this done through "config.ini"
mediaproxy configuration file. -> "accounting = database"
You should do cross check in background because you have to wait DB
registers to be written by "acc" and "media_sessions" tables. For real time
on-line behavior you should use Radius accounting.

Regards.
--
Eduardo Lejarreta.