CDRTool - increasing max_allowed_packet

DanB-2
Hey Guys,

I have recently discovered a problem with one of my CDRTool installations.
I have about 2.2 mil destinations in cdrtool.destinations table and when trying to load them into cdrtool memory, the process fails with:
"Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes (1153)".

Can u please advice how to increase this value?

Ta,
DanB

Re: CDRTool - increasing max_allowed_packet

Adrian Georgescu
Dan

I did not see this yet but it sounds like a PHP setting, you may want to check your php.ini.

Adrian

On Jul 6, 2009, at 12:49 PM, DanB wrote:

Hey Guys,

I have recently discovered a problem with one of my CDRTool installations.
I have about 2.2 mil destinations in cdrtool.destinations table and when trying to load them into cdrtool memory, the process fails with:
"Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes (1153)".

Can u please advice how to increase this value?

Ta,
DanB

Re: CDRTool - increasing max_allowed_packet

DanB-2
Adrian,

I spent quite a long time searching for a way to modify this setting, but could not find it anywhere.

One extra info I found was that it was not the amount of rows returned which generated the error but the information in one row, so I have managed as work-around to alter some information inside, and the error is now gone.

Regards,
DanB

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Adrian Georgescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dan

I did not see this yet but it sounds like a PHP setting, you may want to check your php.ini.

Adrian

On Jul 6, 2009, at 12:49 PM, DanB wrote:

Hey Guys,

I have recently discovered a problem with one of my CDRTool installations.
I have about 2.2 mil destinations in cdrtool.destinations table and when trying to load them into cdrtool memory, the process fails with:
"Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes (1153)".

Can u please advice how to increase this value?

Ta,
DanB

Re: CDRTool - increasing max_allowed_packet

DanB-2
Hi Brett,

Thanks for the link.

I see (found on google many links too) how to configure both mysql-server or mysql_cli_client's max_allowed_packet but for some reason I miss how to configure libmysqlclient one (the one php is using). Is this something that I miss from the link you have sent me?

Ta,
DanB

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Brett,

since I am not a php programmer,  was looking for some stored configuration setting instead of running the command at starting of each mysql session(place where I don't have access as a user).
If that is what is needed, then the CDRTool should do it when connecting to the mysql sessions (or at least this is what docs suggesting it).

Thx,
DanB