Call Center function cc_handle_call and the Dispatcher module

Call Center function cc_handle_call and the Dispatcher module

Jonathan Hunter

Hi Guys,

We currently use the dispatcher module, and the ds_select_dst function to load balance calls to multiple freeswitch servers.

I am now implementing the call_center module, and using the function cc_handle_call to enter the call into the control of the module.

Is it possible once that function is engaged to use the dispatcher functions for load balancing or is it a question of when you call the function?

As I still want there to be resilience when using this function (apologies if I am misunderstanding the configuration).

Many thanks

Jon

Re: Call Center function cc_handle_call and the Dispatcher module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hello Jonathan,

I think there is a conflict here, as you are trying to use together modules doing different routing algorithms.

* call center - it does its own routing by picking up the available agents.

* dispatcher - picks up a destination based on hashing.

Or maybe it is not clear for me what you want to use dispatcher for.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 08/05/2017 05:32 PM, Jonathan Hunter wrote:
Hi Guys,

We currently use the dispatcher module, and the ds_select_dst function to load balance calls to multiple freeswitch servers.

I am now implementing the call_center module, and using the function cc_handle_call to enter the call into the control of the module.

Is it possible once that function is engaged to use the dispatcher functions for load balancing or is it a question of when you call the function?

As I still want there to be resilience when using this function (apologies if I am misunderstanding the configuration).

Many thanks

Jon

Re: Call Center function cc_handle_call and the Dispatcher module

Jonathan Hunter

Hi Bogdan,

Hope you are well, and thanks for the reply.

Sorry let me try and explain.

I have built a hosted solution using opensips and freeswitch, and in normal operation, a call hits opensips, routes to freeswitch for media resources, then routes back to opensips for termination.

I do this via dispatcher, so I can load balance across multiple freeswitch servers.

PSTN--->opensips(dispatcher)--->freeswitch---->opensips---->SIP Agent

I want to introduce call queuing into the mix, so looking at the best way to add this to the flow, so I assume I could insert when the call routes back from freeswitch into opensips for termination to the agent, which would make sense?

That way I can still use dispatcher on the ingress side, and engage call center for queuing when the call comes back from freeswitch?

PSTN--->opensips(dispatcher)--->freeswitch---->opensips(call_center)---->SIP Agent

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Jon