Call Pickup feature in Opensips 1.11

maatohewetbi
Can anyone explain how to make call pickup work in Opensips? In asterisk it works ok, but I couldn't find any documentation about this feature in Opensips.

Re: Call Pickup feature in Opensips 1.11

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
There is no easy way to do it in 1.11 (except using some external script
to help opensips in correlating the 2 calls - the inbound call and the
callpickup call - via the management interface).

In 2.3 you can use the Event-based Routing (event_routing module) to do
it -
https://blog.opensips.org/2017/03/10/advanced-sip-scenarios-with-event-based-routing/

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
   http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html

On 05/22/2017 05:16 PM, maatohewetbi wrote:

> Can anyone explain how to make call pickup work in Opensips? In asterisk it
> works ok, but I couldn't find any documentation about this feature in
> Opensips.

Re: Call Pickup feature in Opensips 1.11

maatohewetbi
Is it any way to upload whole script to test Call pickup with 2.3? I've installed this version and pasted pickup config from module event_routing documentation. Call Pickup doesn't work as it should. When I call one leg, and want to handle this call by third user I get only 480 message after dialing "33". When I delete this line it works ok but on third user phone (Grandstream) I get incomming call on second line whil first is still calling. When I answer it looks ok. But I feel it doesn't work as it should.

Re: Call Pickup feature in Opensips 1.11

Michele Pinassi
Maybe this could help:
http://www.tech-invite.com/fo-sip/tinv-fo-sip-service-16.html

As you can see, you need to receive SUBSCRIBE to receive dialog
information about incoming call, to generate an INVITE with replace...

Good luck !

Michele

On 07/06/2017 16:06, maatohewetbi wrote:

> Is it any way to upload whole script to test Call pickup with 2.3? I've
> installed this version and pasted pickup config from module event_routing
> documentation. Call Pickup doesn't work as it should. When I call one leg,
> and want to handle this call by third user I get only 480 message after
> dialing "33". When I delete this line it works ok but on third user phone
> (Grandstream) I get incomming call on second line whil first is still
> calling. When I answer it looks ok. But I feel it doesn't work as it should.

Michele Pinassi
Responsabile Telefonia di Ateneo
Servizio Reti, Sistemi e Sicurezza Informatica - Università degli Studi di Siena
tel: 0577.(23)5000 - [hidden email]

Per trovare una soluzione rapida ai tuoi problemi tecnici consulta le FAQ di Ateneo, http://www.faq.unisi.it

Re: Call Pickup feature in Opensips 1.11

yes, you are right - it is not the 100% call pickup. To do a 100% call
pickup you need an B2B (and not a proxy) - as you need a B2BUA to bridge
the incoming call form the original caller with the incoming call from
the person doing the pickup.

In the Callpick Up with Event-based Routing, to overcome the lack of a
B2B capabilities, we made a small scenario change - when the person
doing the call pickup calls, his call will be rejected and he will
receive (as incoming call) the call he picked up.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html

On 06/07/2017 05:06 PM, maatohewetbi wrote:

> Is it any way to upload whole script to test Call pickup with 2.3? I've
> installed this version and pasted pickup config from module event_routing
> documentation. Call Pickup doesn't work as it should. When I call one leg,
> and want to handle this call by third user I get only 480 message after
> dialing "33". When I delete this line it works ok but on third user phone
> (Grandstream) I get incomming call on second line whil first is still
> calling. When I answer it looks ok. But I feel it doesn't work as it should.

Re: Call Pickup feature in Opensips 1.11

Flavio Goncalves-2
Hi,

I know two ways to do Call Pickup using OpenSIPS,

The first one is almost effortless, use a phone capable to do it.  Some phones support the RFC5359 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5359/ (Page 147).  As far as I know Yealink and Polycom support it. You have to configure the phone to Notify the in session dialogs (dialog-info-call-pickup). I use this with Yealinks in my office and it works just fine. I didn't tried the buddy list using RLS, I will make a try in the future.

The second one is to save in cache the dialog information regarding in progress calls.  When picking up a call,  build the replaces header using this information and send to the device, it will replace the call. You have to build your own script.

Good luck.

Flavio E. Goncalves