Call Spy in opensips

Indiver
Hi every one,

We got an requirement regarding call spying.I want to know whether call spying is possible in opensips.  I heard that in asterisk they have given option for silent listening of conversations between two parties with out knowing the two parties.

Regards,
Nehru.

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Nehru,

An idea will be to have rtpproxy in the calls (the media will be relayed
by rtpproxy). And rtpproxy provide the "record" option, that will save
the RTP stream into a local file - after the call is completed, you can
take the RTP files and listen them.

Indiver wrote:

> Hi every one,
>
> We got an requirement regarding call spying.I want to know whether call
> spying is possible in opensips.  I heard that in asterisk they have given
> option for silent listening of conversations between two parties with out
> knowing the two parties.
>
> Regards,
> Nehru.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Antonio Anderson Souza-2
RTPProxy is able to fork the RTPStream in Realtime to a new destination.

I guess it would be possible to implement a module (or enhance some one existent, i think could be a B2B special scenario) in Opensips to create a new branch to a listen destination and interact with RTPPtoxy to fork the RTP Stream of an stablished call to this new destination.

What do you think? This could be an interesting new feature to Opensis supports the Lawful interception requirements.

Best regards,

Antonio Anderson Souza
Voice Technology
http://www.antonioams.com

Indiver wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> We got an requirement regarding call spying.I want to know whether call
> spying is possible in opensips.  I heard that in asterisk they have given
> option for silent listening of conversations between two parties with out
> knowing the two parties.
>
> Regards,
> Nehru.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Laszlo
And would be nice with Mediaproxy too, probably Adrian can comment on this :)
I'm a C++ coder myself, so I preferred rtpproxy for our network's LI. BTW, there can be several things regarding the technical implementation, CALEA requirements can be different in each countries, so I don't think an "one size fits all" module will work for LI.

-Laszlo

Indiver wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> We got an requirement regarding call spying.I want to know whether call
> spying is possible in opensips.  I heard that in asterisk they have given
> option for silent listening of conversations between two parties with out
> knowing the two parties.
>
> Regards,
> Nehru.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Adrian Georgescu
I believe that the B2BUA functionality might be very suitable for such scenario.

Adrian

Indiver wrote:

> Hi every one,
>
> We got an requirement regarding call spying.I want to know whether call
> spying is possible in opensips.  I heard that in asterisk they have given
> option for silent listening of conversations between two parties with out
> knowing the two parties.
>
> Regards,
> Nehru.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Indiver
Hi Bodgan,

Thanks for ur reply. I want to hear the live conversation between two parties  , not the completed call. Is there any chance of doing it in opensips.

Regards,
Indiver

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Paris Stamatopoulos
Since it's all about media, Opensips directly is not capable of doing so. I guess, you could send a call through an asterisk when it is "Call-Spy Enabled" and then do all the ChanSpy, Whisper, Monitor you want.

Cheers,
Paris Stamatopoulos

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Flavio Goncalves
Hi Indiver,

There is another option but depends on the phone. Some phones support the SIP "Join" header as defined in the rfc3911. There are some phones that support it such as  Aastra and Atcom. I haven't checked Polycom and Linksys but I think they support too.  Basically you will need to get the dialog information from the call you want to barge-in. You can do it with the dialog module, then you will need to call the phone you want to barge-in and use OpenSIPS to include the join header with the proper dialog information, Call-ID, To Tag, Form tag and Cseq. Read the RFC3911 for more details.

Best regards,

Flavio E. Goncalves

2010/5/24 Indiver <[hidden email]>

Hi Bodgan,

Thanks for ur reply. I want to hear the live conversation between two
parties  , not the completed call. Is there any chance of doing it in
opensips.

Regards,
Indiver

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Hi Antonio,

Antonio Anderson Souza wrote:
> RTPProxy is able to fork the RTPStream in Realtime to a new destination.
>
> I guess it would be possible to implement a module (or enhance some
> one existent, i think could be a B2B special scenario) in Opensips to
> create a new branch to a listen destination and interact with RTPPtoxy
> to fork the RTP Stream of an stablished call to this new destination.
>
> What do you think? This could be an interesting new feature to Opensis
> supports the Lawful interception requirements.
theoretically yes (even without the b2bua), but you need more than
simply forking the RTP stream - you need to mix 2 RTP stream (both
caller and callee) in order to send to the listening SIP device...

Also, you may have issues with codec compatibility - like you may have 1
or 2 codecs between caller and callee and maybe the listening device
does not support them.

> Best regards,
>
> Antonio Anderson Souza
> Voice Technology
> http://www.antonioams.com
>

> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
>     Hi Nehru,
>
>     An idea will be to have rtpproxy in the calls (the media will be
>     relayed
>     by rtpproxy). And rtpproxy provide the "record" option, that will save
>     the RTP stream into a local file - after the call is completed,
>     you can
>     take the RTP files and listen them.
>
>     Regards,
>     Bogdan
>

>     Indiver wrote:
>     > Hi every one,
>     >
>     > We got an requirement regarding call spying.I want to know
>     whether call
>     > spying is possible in opensips.  I heard that in asterisk they
>     have given
>     > option for silent listening of conversations between two parties
>     with out
>     > knowing the two parties.
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     > Nehru.
>     >
>

>     --
>     Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>     www.voice-system.ro <http://www.voice-system.ro>

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Call Spy in opensips

Hi Flavio,

That's not much of a LI if you need cooperation from the devices you are
"listening" ;)... I would see it as transparent as possible (and
invisible for the parties).

www.voice-system.ro