Call recording

Jimmy Svensson
Hi!

I'm looking for a pure call recording solution that generates pcap-files of the data from one specific call. I've been looking at using the a merged OpenSIPS+rtpproxy solution to achieve this. The rtpproxy would not be proxying any RTP traffic in this case, just terminating and recording. Does anyone have experience with this kind of solution?

Now I found that rtpproxy seems to be replaced by mediaproxy but I can't find any call recording features on the mediaproxy. Does anyone know if there are any plans to implement call recording in mediaproxy or do I have to go for the rtpproxy?

Thanks!
/Jimmy

Re: Call recording

Adrian Georgescu
On Jan 25, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Jimmy Svensson wrote:

Hi!

I'm looking for a pure call recording solution that generates pcap-files of the data from one specific call. I've been looking at using the a merged OpenSIPS+rtpproxy solution to achieve this. The rtpproxy would not be proxying any RTP traffic in this case, just terminating and recording. Does anyone have experience with this kind of solution?

Now I found that rtpproxy seems to be replaced by mediaproxy but I can't find any call recording features on the mediaproxy. Does anyone know if there are any plans to implement call recording in mediaproxy or do I have to go for the rtpproxy?

No plans at this moment.

Adrian

Thanks!
/Jimmy

Re: Call recording

Hi Jimmy,

The rtpproxy is not to be replaced by mediaproxy - there are 2
implementation for a media relay and both are supported by OpenSIPS. So,
you can use any of them.

In regards to recording, yes I also know that rtpproxy is able to save
the passing RTP stream, but never actually tried it.

Jimmy Svensson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a pure call recording solution that generates
> pcap-files of the data from one specific call. I've been looking at
> using the a merged OpenSIPS+rtpproxy solution to achieve this. The
> rtpproxy would not be proxying any RTP traffic in this case, just
> terminating and recording. Does anyone have experience with this kind
> of solution?
>
> Now I found that rtpproxy seems to be replaced by mediaproxy but I
> can't find any call recording features on the mediaproxy. Does anyone
> know if there are any plans to implement call recording in mediaproxy
> or do I have to go for the rtpproxy?
>
> Thanks!
> /Jimmy

Re: Call recording

Brett Nemeroff
I know this isn't really "call recording" but I've used a really cool tool called "pcapsipdump" that dumps each call, rtp and SIP into it's own pcap file.

I made some modifcations so it doesn't log OPTIONS dialogs. If you're very resourceful, you can make it dump a recording of sorts. And it'd be pretty passive, if that's desirable.

-Brett

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Jimmy Svensson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

I'm looking for a pure call recording solution that generates pcap-files of the data from one specific call. I've been looking at using the a merged OpenSIPS+rtpproxy solution to achieve this. The rtpproxy would not be proxying any RTP traffic in this case, just terminating and recording. Does anyone have experience with this kind of solution?

Now I found that rtpproxy seems to be replaced by mediaproxy but I can't find any call recording features on the mediaproxy. Does anyone know if there are any plans to implement call recording in mediaproxy or do I have to go for the rtpproxy?

Thanks!
/Jimmy

Re: Call recording

Imthiyaz Ahmed
Have you tried Orex?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jimmy,
>
> The rtpproxy is not to be replaced by mediaproxy - there are 2
> implementation for a media relay and both are supported by OpenSIPS. So,
> you can use any of them.
>
> In regards to recording, yes I also know that rtpproxy is able to save
> the passing RTP stream, but never actually tried it.
>
> Best regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Jimmy Svensson wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm looking for a pure call recording solution that generates
>> pcap-files of the data from one specific call. I've been looking at
>> using the a merged OpenSIPS+rtpproxy solution to achieve this. The
>> rtpproxy would not be proxying any RTP traffic in this case, just
>> terminating and recording. Does anyone have experience with this kind
>> of solution?
>>
>> Now I found that rtpproxy seems to be replaced by mediaproxy but I
>> can't find any call recording features on the mediaproxy. Does anyone
>> know if there are any plans to implement call recording in mediaproxy
>> or do I have to go for the rtpproxy?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> /Jimmy

Best Regards
G.Imthiyaz Ahmed
PeopleTech systems (P) ltd
http://peopletech.co.in
http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/applications/articles/31434-sangomas-mtp2-support-empowers-ss7.htm

Re: Call recording

Brett Nemeroff
Orex? link please?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Jimmy,
>
> The rtpproxy is not to be replaced by mediaproxy - there are 2
> implementation for a media relay and both are supported by OpenSIPS. So,
> you can use any of them.
>
> In regards to recording, yes I also know that rtpproxy is able to save
> the passing RTP stream, but never actually tried it.
>
> Best regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Jimmy Svensson wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm looking for a pure call recording solution that generates
>> pcap-files of the data from one specific call. I've been looking at
>> using the a merged OpenSIPS+rtpproxy solution to achieve this. The
>> rtpproxy would not be proxying any RTP traffic in this case, just
>> terminating and recording. Does anyone have experience with this kind
>> of solution?
>>
>> Now I found that rtpproxy seems to be replaced by mediaproxy but I
>> can't find any call recording features on the mediaproxy. Does anyone
>> know if there are any plans to implement call recording in mediaproxy
>> or do I have to go for the rtpproxy?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> /Jimmy

Best Regards
G.Imthiyaz Ahmed
PeopleTech systems (P) ltd
http://peopletech.co.in
http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/applications/articles/31434-sangomas-mtp2-support-empowers-ss7.htm

Re: Call recording

Norman Brandinger
Keep a close eye on the number of file descriptors in use.  Have seen
cases where the os ran out of descriptors using this tool.

Norm

Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> I know this isn't really "call recording" but I've used a really cool
> tool called "pcapsipdump" that dumps each call, rtp and SIP into it's
> own pcap file.
>
> I made some modifcations so it doesn't log OPTIONS dialogs. If you're
> very resourceful, you can make it dump a recording of sorts. And it'd
> be pretty passive, if that's desirable.
>
> -Brett
>

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Jimmy Svensson <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi!
>
>     I'm looking for a pure call recording solution that generates
>     pcap-files of the data from one specific call. I've been looking
>     at using the a merged OpenSIPS+rtpproxy solution to achieve this.
>     The rtpproxy would not be proxying any RTP traffic in this case,
>     just terminating and recording. Does anyone have experience with
>     this kind of solution?
>
>     Now I found that rtpproxy seems to be replaced by mediaproxy but I
>     can't find any call recording features on the mediaproxy. Does
>     anyone know if there are any plans to implement call recording in
>     mediaproxy or do I have to go for the rtpproxy?
>
>     Thanks!
>     /Jimmy

Re: Call recording

Imthiyaz Ahmed