Choice strategy

Pavel Eremin-3
Opensips such SIP Proxy i use more than year and it's good enough.
But now i want to add Asterisk for add Hosted-PBX service for our
clients. In general i know that Opensips can route trafic between
sip-users and when users want some media service like voicemail, hold,
anounce. ivr, parking and other else, Opensips will route there
request to Asterisk.

Two question:
Is this scheme good for all voip services (fax, conference, inbound
call distribution) nor not?
Can i use SEMS instead Asterisk for all common services?

Re: Choice strategy

Ali Pey
What is the size of your Hosted-PBX service? How many users and trunks do you expect to have?

For larger systems with full redundancy you would need two opensips servers (redundant of each other) and a pool of asterisk servers - you can start with two asterisk servers to have redundancy and increase the number of asterisk servers when you have more traffic.

OpenSIPS server will take care of registrations for your sip clients and can do load balancing/routing for your inbound and outbound calls both from your carriers and your sip phones.

Asterisk is probably a better choice for you since it has lots of telephony features that you would need in a hosted pbx solution. However, neither of the solutions supports multi-tenancy. The key feature you need for a hosted pbx solution. You will have to use asterisk AGI and do some coding to implement it.

Regards,
Ali Pey

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:57 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Opensips such SIP Proxy i use more than year and it's good enough.
But now i want to add Asterisk for add Hosted-PBX service for our
clients. In general i know that Opensips can route trafic between
sip-users and when users want some media service like voicemail, hold,
anounce. ivr, parking and other else, Opensips will route there
request to Asterisk.

Two question:
Is this scheme good for all voip services (fax, conference, inbound
call distribution) nor not?
Can i use SEMS instead Asterisk for all common services?

Re: Choice strategy

osiris123d
Asterisk does support Multi-tenancy. I currently use OpenSIPS to do all my core stuff and use Asterisk just for VM, ACD, Call Park and hopefully someday MOH.

SEMS is supposed to be more scalable but SEMS doesn't work out-of-the-box like Asterisk does when it comes to VM.