Client with public IP

Husam Senussi
Hi,

I'm running SIP server behind firewall but the some of one of sip phone is on the public network, is there any way to get opensips server to use public IPs instead of the private IPs.

basically i have below settig

Agent with public IP (C475 IP Gigaset) ---> firewall ---> opensips ----> user agent (X-Lite)

I'm using rtpproxy.

With Asterisk have setting which show if the client IP is local if not the server replace the private IP with public ip when sending request or reply.

Is there something like this in opensips

Thanks

Re: Client with public IP

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé-2
You may use advertised_address and advertised_port
(http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn15#toc24) but I don't
think having OpenSIPS and rtpproxy behind NAT is a good idea...

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Husam Senussi<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running SIP server behind firewall but the some of one of sip phone is
> on the public network, is there any way to get opensips server to use public
> IPs instead of the private IPs.
>
> basically i have below settig
>

> Agent with public IP (C475 IP Gigaset) ---> firewall ---> opensips ---->
> user agent (X-Lite)
>
> I'm using rtpproxy.
>
> With Asterisk have setting which show if the client IP is local if not the
> server replace the private IP with public ip when sending request or reply.
>
> Is there something like this in opensips
>
> Thanks

Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de disketes."

Re: Client with public IP

Husam Senussi
I used those ... but the server stlll sending private IP addresses

On 7 Jun 2009, at 22:23, Saúl Ibarra wrote:

> You may use advertised_address and advertised_port
> (http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn15#toc24) but I don't
> think having OpenSIPS and rtpproxy behind NAT is a good idea...
>

> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Husam Senussi<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running SIP server behind firewall but the some of one of sip
>> phone is
>> on the public network, is there any way to get opensips server to
>> use public
>> IPs instead of the private IPs.
>>
>> basically i have below settig
>>

>> Agent with public IP (C475 IP Gigaset) ---> firewall ---> opensips
>> ---->
>> user agent (X-Lite)
>>
>> I'm using rtpproxy.
>>
>> With Asterisk have setting which show if the client IP is local if
>> not the
>> server replace the private IP with public ip when sending request
>> or reply.
>>
>> Is there something like this in opensips
>>
>> Thanks

> Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de
> disketes."

Re: Client with public IP

DangVinh Nguyen
I guess you need to use "alias =..."

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Husam Senussi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I used those ... but the server stlll sending private IP addresses

On 7 Jun 2009, at 22:23, Saúl Ibarra wrote:

> You may use advertised_address and advertised_port
> (http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn15#toc24) but I don't
> think having OpenSIPS and rtpproxy behind NAT is a good idea...
>

> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Husam Senussi<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running SIP server behind firewall but the some of one of sip
>> phone is
>> on the public network, is there any way to get opensips server to
>> use public
>> IPs instead of the private IPs.
>>
>> basically i have below settig
>>

>> Agent with public IP (C475 IP Gigaset) ---> firewall ---> opensips
>> ---->
>> user agent (X-Lite)
>>
>> I'm using rtpproxy.
>>
>> With Asterisk have setting which show if the client IP is local if
>> not the
>> server replace the private IP with public ip when sending request
>> or reply.
>>
>> Is there something like this in opensips
>>
>> Thanks

> Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de
> disketes."

Re: Client with public IP

Husam Senussi
I'm using alias, but as far as I know alias just way to assign different name to be identified as self by the server !!!!

where in Asterisk you could tell the server something like 192.160.0.0/24 is your local network, so when the server replies to client with different IP address
it uses the advertised public IP.

On 8 Jun 2009, at 05:34, DangVinh Nguyen wrote:

I guess you need to use "alias =..."

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Husam Senussi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I used those ... but the server stlll sending private IP addresses

On 7 Jun 2009, at 22:23, Saúl Ibarra wrote:

> You may use advertised_address and advertised_port
> (http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn15#toc24) but I don't
> think having OpenSIPS and rtpproxy behind NAT is a good idea...
>

> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Husam Senussi<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running SIP server behind firewall but the some of one of sip
>> phone is
>> on the public network, is there any way to get opensips server to
>> use public
>> IPs instead of the private IPs.
>>
>> basically i have below settig
>>

>> Agent with public IP (C475 IP Gigaset) ---> firewall ---> opensips
>> ---->
>> user agent (X-Lite)
>>
>> I'm using rtpproxy.
>>
>> With Asterisk have setting which show if the client IP is local if
>> not the
>> server replace the private IP with public ip when sending request
>> or reply.
>>
>> Is there something like this in opensips
>>
>> Thanks

> Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de
> disketes."

Re: Client with public IP

Hi Husam,

What fields of the SIP message still have the private IP of the proxy?