Contact saving in opensips-2.2

Sasmita Panda
Hi All .

          While saving contact , I have written save("location","c1fp1") . It means when a new register comes that will get added and the old contact will get de-reg in its expire time .

         But , if 1 contact is existing , and another 2 register comes at the same time with different contact(same Ip different port ) and same Username then what will happen .

       According to my observation , opensips is saving both the new contacts . Is that write . While I am forcing a single contact this should not happen .

      Please assist me if I am doing anything wrong .

Thanks & Regards
Sasmita Panda
Network Testing and Software Engineer
3CLogic , ph:07827611765

Re: Contact saving in opensips-2.2

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Sasmita,

Have you checked via "opensipsctl ul show" to see that you actually have 2 registrations under the same AOR ??

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html
On 07/04/2017 04:03 PM, Sasmita Panda wrote:
Hi All .

          While saving contact , I have written save("location","c1fp1") . It means when a new register comes that will get added and the old contact will get de-reg in its expire time .

         But , if 1 contact is existing , and another 2 register comes at the same time with different contact(same Ip different port ) and same Username then what will happen .

       According to my observation , opensips is saving both the new contacts . Is that write . While I am forcing a single contact this should not happen .

      Please assist me if I am doing anything wrong .

Thanks & Regards
Sasmita Panda
Network Testing and Software Engineer
3CLogic , ph:07827611765

Re: Contact saving in opensips-2.2

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Sasmita,

Please post (do not attach to the email!) the opensips logs in log_level 4 corresponding to the processing of the second REGISTER requests (which adds the second contact).

On 07/05/2017 08:27 AM, Sasmita Panda wrote:
[...]

Liviu Chircu

Sasmita, could you please post the output of "opensips -V"? A similar bug on 2.2 has been discussed and fixed exactly one month ago [1]

[1]: https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/commit/af07e238

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com
On 05.07.2017 08:27, Sasmita Panda wrote:
[...]

[root@localhost opensips]# opensips -V

version: opensips 2.2.2 (x86_64/linux)
flags: STATS: On, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16, MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
main.c compiled on 12:17:33 May 29 2017 with gcc 4.8.5

 Do you want me to test after applying the patch ?

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Liviu Chircu <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Even If I will apply the changes . I dont think so my issue will get fixed .

My scenario :
I have webclient in which webRTC is integrated . when my webclient starts , webRTC device get register in Opensips .

When I am opensips multi tab another device getting register . I mean , if there is 2 tab then there will be 2 contact get registered .

Even if I had written save("location", "c1fp1") , what will happen if the Refresh for 1st Register request will come . Will that discard that request or refresh the 1st contact ?

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Liviu Chircu <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks . My problem was solved .

I have taken the latest branch opensips-2.2.4  . I get this issue fixed .

Just for confirmation , Is this branch has all latest updates without any open issue  ?