DRouting Sample Config

Tim Donahue
Hi all,

I have been using OpenSER for a couple years now for routing our DIDs
from our carriers to the proper customer trunk on our SBC.  We have been
using a static configuration with a routing entry for each number DID
number we have.  As you can imagine, even with scripts building the
openser.cfg, this has become a little cumbersome.

We are looking at replacing the OpenSER servers with something that is
database driven, and the drouting module looks like it is probably the
best fit between the LCR, carrierroute and drouting modules.
Unfortunately the documentation is quite thin and I have not been able
to get a working config at this point.

Does anyone have a config they would be willing to share with a couple
example DB entries as an example for how to configure the drouting module?

Tim

Re: DRouting Sample Config

Brett Nemeroff
Hi Tim,
Actually, the documentation is quite good IMO. LCR and CarrierRoute are all but replaced by Drouting.. so don't bother reading up on LCR or CarrierRoute.

For drouting, setup your termination points in dr_gateways and your routing rules in dr_rules. It's really pretty simple.

Are you having a specific problem we can help you out with?

-Brett

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Tim Donahue <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Julian Yap
Echoing the sentiments of the original poster, I'm starting to look
into Drouting as well...  Having wasted my time with and implementing
my current system with LCR :).

Having to patch lcr_mod.c to increase MAX_NO_OF_LCRS is very very sad.

But yeah, I was wondering if anyone had a LCR --> Drouting tutorial.
OpenSIPs is going the way of Drouting (vs. Carrierroute) so that would
be very handy.

Also, I'm interested in the inbound aspects of Drouting as well...
Right now I'm using the alias_db module to route inbound calls but
that's limiting.  Checking out an example would be handy.

Thanks,
Julian

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
> Actually, the documentation is quite good IMO. LCR and CarrierRoute are all
> but replaced by Drouting.. so don't bother reading up on LCR or
> CarrierRoute.
> For drouting, setup your termination points in dr_gateways and your routing
> rules in dr_rules. It's really pretty simple.
> Are you having a specific problem we can help you out with?
> -Brett
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Tim Donahue <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been using OpenSER for a couple years now for routing our DIDs
>> from our carriers to the proper customer trunk on our SBC.  We have been
>> using a static configuration with a routing entry for each number DID
>> number we have.  As you can imagine, even with scripts building the
>> openser.cfg, this has become a little cumbersome.
>>
>> We are looking at replacing the OpenSER servers with something that is
>> database driven, and the drouting module looks like it is probably the
>> best fit between the LCR, carrierroute and drouting modules.
>> Unfortunately the documentation is quite thin and I have not been able
>> to get a working config at this point.
>>
>> Does anyone have a config they would be willing to share with a couple
>> example DB entries as an example for how to configure the drouting module?
>>
>> Tim

Re: DRouting Sample Config

Brett Nemeroff
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Julian Yap <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Echoing the sentiments of the original poster, I'm starting to look
> into Drouting as well...  Having wasted my time with and implementing
> my current system with LCR :).
I still have t older systems using the LCR mod. I probably won't
upgrade them until there is a specific need for it. They've got
hundreds of LCRs and only a handful of gateways, so for the most part,
LCR still works really well for them. However, the drouting module is
like a breath of fresh air after dealing with the limitations of LCR
and carrierroute.

> Also, I'm interested in the inbound aspects of Drouting as well...
> Right now I'm using the alias_db module to route inbound calls but
> that's limiting.  Checking out an example would be handy.
Like I said, the module is quite easy to use. The documentation is
very good really. Have you read the module docs completely? Without
really looking into your implementation, I'd guess that you can make
one dr_rules group for inbound, another for outbound.

Migrating from LCR to DROUTING shouldn't be rocket science. Move your
LCRs from lcr -> dr_rules and your gatways ->dr_gateways. Then replace
the module functions and init params.

Seriously, give the docs a good reading. And let us know if you have
specific questions. I just re-read them because it's been a while
since I've looked at them, and they really are quite good. Especially
read section 1.1.5, but really, read the whole thing.

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/drouting.html

-Brett