Quantcast

Detecting zombie registrations

John Quick
At the last OpenSIPS Summit, I thought they announced in the keynote speech
that a mechanism was being introduced in v2.2 to detect and discard zombie
registrations.
I cannot find anything about this in the documentation (or in documentation
for v2.3).
Did this happen?  Is there a description somewhere please?

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

Re: Detecting zombie registrations

Liviu Chircu
Hi, John!

I do not recall such a feature, nor did I find it in the keynotes [1].
Regarding your specific issue - have you tried using the already current
features, such as properly setting a timer interval / db_mode, or using
MI commands such as ul_sync or ul_flush?

PS: if you're referring to contacts being immediately discarded upon TCP
connection teardown, this has been discussed, but is still on the
"ideas" list.

Best regards,

[1]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNFV-u4MJGo&list=PLMMZA6ketvKqriYN-cYWjQ0wPCR06HULA

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
   http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html

On 15.03.2017 23:39, John Quick wrote:

> At the last OpenSIPS Summit, I thought they announced in the keynote speech
> that a mechanism was being introduced in v2.2 to detect and discard zombie
> registrations.
> I cannot find anything about this in the documentation (or in documentation
> for v2.3).
> Did this happen?  Is there a description somewhere please?
>
> John Quick
> Smartvox Limited

Re: Detecting zombie registrations

Hi John,

See the remove_on_timeout_bflag parameter in nathelper module:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.2.x/nathelper.html#id293676

If a contact is marked with that branch flag during registration (before
save()), the contact will be periodically pinged and on failure it will
removed from registration table.