Dialplan module and matching numbers

Ali Pey
Hello,

I need to match some destination numbers to specific servers. For instance if the call is to 1234567890 go to server 1 and if it is to 9876543210 go to server 2, etc.

The purpose is to look up some numbers or patterns and then route to specific servers and use the load balancer module for any other numbers.

Can I use the dial plan module to lookup the destinations?

I don't understand the dpid. Do I need a dpid for each number? Can all my rows have the same dpid?
How can I do one look up to see if the dialed number is in the dialplan table? It can be hundreds of numbers.

Regards,
Ali

Re: Dialplan module and matching numbers

SamyGo

Hey,

I think using this would help

if( $tU =~ "1234567890")
{
   $avp(gid) = 1;
}else if( $tU =~ " 9876543210  "){
    $avp(gid) = 2;
}
if (!load_balance("$avp(gid)","transc;pstn")) {
     sl_send_reply("500","Service full");
     exit;
}

engage load-balancer to use $avp(gid) where group_id=1/2 contains pool of servers serving your required destination number!

I hope this helped.

BR,
Sammy.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Ali Pey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I need to match some destination numbers to specific servers. For instance if the call is to 1234567890 go to server 1 and if it is to 9876543210 go to server 2, etc.

The purpose is to look up some numbers or patterns and then route to specific servers and use the load balancer module for any other numbers.

Can I use the dial plan module to lookup the destinations?

I don't understand the dpid. Do I need a dpid for each number? Can all my rows have the same dpid?
How can I do one look up to see if the dialed number is in the dialplan table? It can be hundreds of numbers.

Regards,
Ali

Re: Dialplan module and matching numbers

Ali Pey
Hi Sammy,

Thank you for your response but I don't think you understood my question.

As the subject of the thread suggests my question is regarding the dialplan module. I don't want to list all hundreds of my numbers in my config script and then restart opensips every time I need to make a change. I want to use the dialplan module to be able to look up numbers or patterns from the Database.

I just don't understand the usage of the dpid filed in the dialplan table. Can all my rows in the dialplan table have the same dpid value?

Basically I would like to use the dialplan module to see if there is a match; if there is no match, then use the load balancer module to route the calls.

Hope I explained it better this time.

Regards,
Ali

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:25 AM, SamyGo <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Ali,

the dpid is DialPlan ID - the idea is that you can group the rules in different sets and use a certain set at a given moment. This dpid is linked to the first param of the dp_translate() function  - you tell to the function which set of rules to use (and only the rules from that set will be evaluated for the current translation)