Dispatcher - Probe only certain gateways and not others

Dispatcher - Probe only certain gateways and not others

osiris123d
Is it possible to enable probing for only a certain set of gateways and not others? I am looking to constantly be sending OPTION messages to my SIP Trunk Providers gateways and if they are down then set them into Probing state. That way I find out if the gateway is down hopefully before a lot of calls are made to it. At the same time I am using Dispatcher to monitor my Asterisk servers only if there is a timeout and if there is a timeout I set the state of the Asterisk server to Inactive and it can't come back on unless I execute a fifo command to enable it. So I don't want to send any probes to my Asterisk servers.

Is this possible?

Re: Dispatcher - Probe only certain gateways and not others

thomcr
When you add the GW to the database set up the probe_mode to 1, only on the rows that you want to monitor

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it possible to enable probing for only a certain set of gateways and not others? I am looking to constantly be sending OPTION messages to my SIP Trunk Providers gateways and if they are down then set them into Probing state. That way I find out if the gateway is down hopefully before a lot of calls are made to it. At the same time I am using Dispatcher to monitor my Asterisk servers only if there is a timeout and if there is a timeout I set the state of the Asterisk server to Inactive and it can't come back on unless I execute a fifo command to enable it. So I don't want to send any probes to my Asterisk servers.

Is this possible?

Robert

Re: Dispatcher - Probe only certain gateways and not others

osiris123d
Not sure what you mean by probe_mode. There isn't a section in the dispatcher table called probe_mode.

On Jun 8, 2011 3:11pm, Robert Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When you add the GW to the database set up the probe_mode to 1, only on the rows that you want to monitor
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM, [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Is it possible to enable probing for only a certain set of gateways and not others? I am looking to constantly be sending OPTION messages to my SIP Trunk Providers gateways and if they are down then set them into Probing state. That way I find out if the gateway is down hopefully before a lot of calls are made to it. At the same time I am using Dispatcher to monitor my Asterisk servers only if there is a timeout and if there is a timeout I set the state of the Asterisk server to Inactive and it can't come back on unless I execute a fifo command to enable it. So I don't want to send any probes to my Asterisk servers.
>

> Is this possible?

> Robert

Re: Dispatcher - Probe only certain gateways and not others

osiris123d
Not sure what you mean by probe_mode. There isn't a section in the dispatcher table called probe_mode.

On Jun 8, 2011 3:11pm, Robert Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When you add the GW to the database set up the probe_mode to 1, only on the rows that you want to monitor
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM, [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Is it possible to enable probing for only a certain set of gateways and not others? I am looking to constantly be sending OPTION messages to my SIP Trunk Providers gateways and if they are down then set them into Probing state. That way I find out if the gateway is down hopefully before a lot of calls are made to it. At the same time I am using Dispatcher to monitor my Asterisk servers only if there is a timeout and if there is a timeout I set the state of the Asterisk server to Inactive and it can't come back on unless I execute a fifo command to enable it. So I don't want to send any probes to my Asterisk servers.
>

> Is this possible?

> Robert

Re: Dispatcher - Probe only certain gateways and not others

Hi Duane,

Check
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/dispatcher.html#id293630
for the flags params.

On 06/08/2011 11:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Not sure what you mean by probe_mode. There isn't a section in the
> dispatcher table called probe_mode.
>
> On Jun 8, 2011 3:11pm, Robert Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > When you add the GW to the database set up the probe_mode to 1, only
> on the rows that you want to monitor
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM, [hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Is it possible to enable probing for only a certain set of gateways
> and not others? I am looking to constantly be sending OPTION messages
> to my SIP Trunk Providers gateways and if they are down then set them
> into Probing state. That way I find out if the gateway is down
> hopefully before a lot of calls are made to it. At the same time I am
> using Dispatcher to monitor my Asterisk servers only if there is a
> timeout and if there is a timeout I set the state of the Asterisk
> server to Inactive and it can't come back on unless I execute a fifo
> command to enable it. So I don't want to send any probes to my
> Asterisk servers.
> >

> > Is this possible?

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

Re: Dispatcher - Probe only certain gateways and not others

osiris123d
Thanks.  Added the gateways with a Flag=2 and then

modparam("dispatcher", "ds_probing_mode", 0)
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_method", "OPTIONS")