Dispatcher command question

Chen-Che Huang
Hi all,

I'm using the dispatcher module with DBTEXT. With the preconfigured /etc/opensips/dispatcher file, the front OpenSIPS proxy works with two backend SIP proxies. Now, I would like to add a new backend SIP proxy at the run time of the front OpenSIPS proxy. I have tried to modified the dispatcher file and then call 'sudo opensipsctl fifo ds_reload'. But I could not see the added SIP proxy by running sudo opensipsctl fifo ds_list'. I also try call `sudo opensipsctl dispatcher addgw'. However, I can see the added SIP proxy by `sudo opensipsctl dispatcher show' but not in the result of `sudo opensipsctl dispatcher show'. It seems that  the content of text-based db does not sync with the memory. I'm using opensips version 1.11.6. I wonder it is feasible to add a new backend proxy during the run time in the dispatcher module? Any comment is appreciated.

Best regards,
Chen-Che

Re: Dispatcher command question

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Chen-Che,

What is the db_mode you use for the db_text module ? see :
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.2.x/db_text.html#id293561

If in mode 0, the db_text (as sql backend) will not read the text file
during runtime unless you run the MI dbt_reload command.

On 17.08.2016 10:36, Chen-Che Huang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the dispatcher module with DBTEXT. With the preconfigured
> /etc/opensips/dispatcher file, the front OpenSIPS proxy works with two
> backend SIP proxies. Now, I would like to add a new backend SIP proxy at the
> run time of the front OpenSIPS proxy. I have tried to modified the
> dispatcher file and then call 'sudo opensipsctl fifo ds_reload'. But I could
> not see the added SIP proxy by running sudo opensipsctl fifo ds_list'. I
> also try call `sudo opensipsctl dispatcher addgw'. However, I can see the
> added SIP proxy by `sudo opensipsctl dispatcher show' but not in the result
> of `sudo opensipsctl dispatcher show'. It seems that  the content of
> text-based db does not sync with the memory. I'm using opensips version
> 1.11.6. I wonder it is feasible to add a new backend proxy during the run
> time in the dispatcher module? Any comment is appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Chen-Che

Re: Dispatcher command question

Chen-Che Huang
Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

As you point out, the reason is that I set the db_mode to 0. When the db_mode changes to 1, the ds_reload command works as I expect. I just focused on the dispatcher module and overlooked the db_text module. Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
Chen-Che