Does Call Control module just allow a concurrent call?

Does Call Control module just allow a concurrent call?

Iñaki Baz Castillo
Hi, reading the Call Control module documentation, it seems that it
just allows one concurrent call for each billing user.
I understand it after reading the return codes of "call_control()" function:

  -2 - call is locked by another call in progress

Am I right? I expect that this feature (various concurrent calls for
same billing user) would depend on the rating engine.

Thanks.

<[hidden email]>

Re: Does Call Control module just allow a concurrent call?

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/5/22 Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>:
> Hi, reading the Call Control module documentation, it seems that it
> just allows one concurrent call for each billing user.
> I understand it after reading the return codes of "call_control()" function:
>
>  -2 - call is locked by another call in progress
>
> Am I right? I expect that this feature (various concurrent calls for
> same billing user) would depend on the rating engine.

Well, reading the rating engine documentation of AG-projects [*] it
seems that it allows parallel calls:

  Features
  - Parallel sessions using one balance per subscriber

[*] http://callcontrol.ag-projects.com/

<[hidden email]>

Re: Does Call Control module just allow a concurrent call?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Iñaki,

probably the "limitation" is on the billing side, as on the signalling
part I see not reason for it.

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> 2009/5/22 Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi, reading the Call Control module documentation, it seems that it
>> just allows one concurrent call for each billing user.
>> I understand it after reading the return codes of "call_control()" function:
>>
>>  -2 - call is locked by another call in progress
>>
>> Am I right? I expect that this feature (various concurrent calls for
>> same billing user) would depend on the rating engine.
>>

> Well, reading the rating engine documentation of AG-projects [*] it
> seems that it allows parallel calls:
>
>   Features
>   - Parallel sessions using one balance per subscriber
>

> [*] http://callcontrol.ag-projects.com/

Re: Does Call Control module just allow a concurrent call?

Adrian Georgescu
Inaki,

There is no limitation, all elements in the chain can now handle parallel sessions. Originally, CDRTool rating engine could handle one call at a time and that return code is a reminiscence of that.

Regards,
Adrian

El Viernes, 22 de Mayo de 2009, Adrian Georgescu escribió:
> Inaki,
>
> There is no limitation, all elements in the chain can now handle
> parallel sessions. Originally, CDRTool rating engine could handle one
> call at a time and that return code is a reminiscence of that.

Ok, thanks a lot for the clarification :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>