Does OpenSIPS support RFC 5626 (Require Outbound)

Does OpenSIPS support RFC 5626 (Require Outbound)

osiris123d
I was doing some testing with Snom phones to try and get the phone to register to two Edge Proxies at once.  With Snom you are able to configure multiple outbound proxies for a user.  Snom sends a REGISTER to the first proxy without issue but the 200 response back from OpenSIPS doesn't have the following header

When I read RFC 5626 I see the following is required

The UAC examines successful registration responses for the presence
   of an outbound option-tag in a Require header field value.  Presence
   of this option-tag indicates that the registrar is compliant with
   this specification, and that any edge proxies which needed to
   participate are also compliant.  If the registrar did not support
Jennings, et al.            Standards Track                    [Page 15]

RFC 5626          Client-Initiated Connections in SIP       October 2009
   outbound, the UA has potentially registered an un-routable contact.
   It is the responsibility of the UA to remove any inappropriate
   Contacts.

So the issue I see with the Snom phone is that it registers with the first Edge Proxy but doesn't send a REGISTER
request to the second Edge Proxy. I figure this is because it is not seeing the
"Require: outbound" in the 200 response.

Re: Does OpenSIPS support RFC 5626 (Require Outbound)

osiris123d
Nevermind

Missed the part about the REGISTER request having a Loose Route

In message #9, Bob's UA sends its first registration through the
   first edge proxy in the outbound-proxy-set by including a loose
   route

Route: <sip:ep1.example.com;lr>

If Snom can't do that then it cannot register twice I don't think.

Re: Does OpenSIPS support RFC 5626 (Require Outbound)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Duane,

Not sure if the Route hdr is a real must - this is a preloaded Route
just in enforce the routing to EP1 (in this case). This hdr will be
consumed by the Edge Proxy - it will not be visible to the registrar.

As time as the UAC sends the REGISTER to the address of EP1, the Route
hdr is not really needed, IMHO.