Dummy How-to Needed

Gordon Ross
I've got OpenSIPS up and running, and I've got multiple clients registering
and making calls to each other fine.

I need to now setup a link to another SIP system. And I'm struggling. Is
there a beginners how-to on doing this ? All the docs I've found so far are
a bit too low-level.

Ta,

GTG

Re: Dummy How-to Needed

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/7/6 Gordon Ross <[hidden email]>:
> I've got OpenSIPS up and running, and I've got multiple clients registering
> and making calls to each other fine.
>
> I need to now setup a link to another SIP system. And I'm struggling. Is
> there a beginners how-to on doing this ? All the docs I've found so far are
> a bit too low-level.

What do you mean with "other SIP system"? perhaps another proxy with
its own users?

<[hidden email]>

Re: Dummy How-to Needed

Gordon Ross
On 06/07/2009 18:13, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What do you mean with "other SIP system"? perhaps another proxy with
> its own users?

Yes.

GTG

Re: Dummy How-to Needed

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Lunes, 6 de Julio de 2009, Gordon Ross escribió:
> On 06/07/2009 18:13, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > What do you mean with "other SIP system"? perhaps another proxy with
> > its own users?
>
> Yes.

Just configure your phones to use the local proxy also as outbound proxy, and
allow relay for extenal domains in your proxy (just for authenticated users,,
of course).
The same configuration as in any SMTP server.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: Dummy How-to Needed

Hi Gordon,

The routing between the SIP servers is done typically based on DNS (the
domain part of the RURI) - the default cfg file has support for this.