Dynamic Routing - routing using source IP address

Dynamic Routing - routing using source IP address

Julien Chavanton
With Dynamic Routing, how can we route based on source IP address/Gateway ?

Re: Dynamic Routing - routing using source IP address

Brett Nemeroff
Usually you set the group based on something else. I use memcache for this.. so I toss the IP against memcache, which returns a group id, then I use that in the do_routing() cmd.

Of course, this requires pre-populating the cache src_ip => group_id

The newly released startup_route can do that for you now. :D

-Brett

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Julien Chavanton <[hidden email]> wrote:
With Dynamic Routing, how can we route based on source IP address/Gateway ?

Re: Dynamic Routing - routing using source IPaddress

Julien Chavanton
Thank you, I will look further after using group, I am also facig some requirements to append prefix, when a call comes in from a defined Gateway.
Here is a recap, of what I understand after reading testing Dynamic Routing :

When a call is comming from a given Gateway we can not use Dynamic Routing to append/strip prefixes, DR module only work on destination Gateway.

Therefore I selected to use Dial Plan for append/strip prefix on inbound calls.

Outbound number manipulation prefix append/strip : module (Dynamic Routing)
"STRIP" : striped from the RURI when the call is going to the target gateway
"PRI Prefix" : assigned to the RURI when the call is going to the target gateway

Inbound number manipulation prefix append/strip : module (Dial Plan)
Prefix : a lookup in the dialplan table for the source IP address will return a prefix to append if any

Example:
 # find if there is a prefix for traffic from the IP address
 dp_translate("0", "$src_ip/$avp(s:prefix)");
 if($avp(s:prefix) && method=="INVITE" && !has_totag()){
  xlog("prefix for IP[$src_ip]=[$avp(s:prefix)]\n");
  $rU  =  $avp(s:prefix) + $rU ;
 }
 else{
  xlog("no prefix for IP[$src_ip]\n");
 }

Re: Dynamic Routing - routing using source IPaddress

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Julien,

Julien Chavanton wrote:
> Thank you, I will look further after using group, I am also facig some
> requirements to append prefix, when a call comes in from a defined
> Gateway.
> Here is a recap, of what I understand after reading testing Dynamic
> Routing :
>
> When a call is comming from a given Gateway we can not use Dynamic
> Routing to append/strip prefixes, DR module only work on destination
> Gateway.
well, you can do it, but only if the source is also a GW defined in DR
module. See the is_from_gw() function:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/drouting.html#id272680