ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

k1028
I recently upgraded from OpenSIPS 1.6 to 1.7. Everything tested good in my staging environment. When I upgrade the production OpenSIPS from 1.6 to 1.7 I start getting this error once a while ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog. I tried to google around to for this message but i am unable to find anything. Anyone know this error is coming OpenSIPS configuration or Mediaproxy? Thank You

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi,

On Sep 21, 2011, at 8:42 PM, k1028 wrote:

> I recently upgraded from OpenSIPS 1.6 to 1.7. Everything tested good in my
> staging environment. When I upgrade the production OpenSIPS from 1.6 to 1.7
> I start getting this error once a while ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in:
> could not create new dialog. I tried to google around to for this message
> but i am unable to find anything. Anyone know this error is coming OpenSIPS
> configuration or Mediaproxy? Thank You

Are you calling create_dialog yourself at some point? The mediaproxy module will create the dialog for you if you didn't previously create it.

Maybe Bogdan or Vlad have some idea about that could be happening. Basically the mediaproxy module calls dlg_api.create_dlg in a callback registered for TMCB_REQUEST_IN. Any ideas?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

k1028
hi Saul,

thanks for your response. I am not calling create_dialog in the opensips.cfg. I am using engage_mdeia_proxy() in the opensips.cfg.

On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:19 PM, k1028 wrote:

> hi Saul,
>
> thanks for your response. I am not calling create_dialog in the
> opensips.cfg. I am using engage_mdeia_proxy() in the opensips.cfg.

Can you reproduce the issue consistently? Or is it 'random'?

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

k1028
This post was updated on .
There got to be something I am missing for 1.7. on top of this error i have no audio both way.

IP Phone -> Opensips -> PSTN have no problem

PSTN -> OpenSIPS -> IP Phone with no audio. The funny part is Linksys IP Phone, Linksys PAP2, Pangolin Dialer all have the same problem no audio but using Zoiper Dialer i have two way audio.

IPhone -> OpenSIPS -> IPHONE with no audio as well.

Interestingly this only happen on 1.7 and it happen on both engage_media_proxy and use_media_proxy but not on 1.6.

On Sep 22, 2011, at 2:10 AM, k1028 wrote:

> There got to be something I am missing for 1.7. on top of this error i have
> no audio both way.
>
> IP Phone -> Opensips -> PSTN have no problem
>
> PSTN -> OpenSIPS -> IP Phone with no audio. The funny part is Linksys IP
> Phone, Linksys PAP2, Pangolin Dialer all have the same problem no audio but
> using Zoiper Dialer i have two way audio. Interestingly this only happen on
> 1.7 and it happen on both engage_media_proxy and use_media_proxy but not on
> 1.6.

To the eyes of OpenSIPS both cases should be the same, no matter if it's a SIP phone or a PSTN gateway. If you see the above error MediaProxy will not kick in, so you probably don't have two way audio.

Can you please attach a full log (level 6) when you reproduce this error?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

Vlad Paiu

Are you getting other errors just before getting the mediaproxy error ?
If yes, please paste them here.
If not, could you please put your server in debug=6 and attach the log
for such a call where mediaproxy fails to create the dialog ?

Regards,

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer

I don't see any error before. Will do the debug level 6 when i get to work in few hour.

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

Forgot to mention this in the previous email, but the SIP trace would
also help a lot, especially the initial INVITE for that particular dialog.

Regards,

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer

k1028
Do you have any suggestion on what is the easier way to do it or you want me to attach everything from the debug log? I can't reproduce this problem on my testing environment and it only happen on production. The debug log and siptrace fill up very quickly.

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

k1028
This post was updated on .
Sorry everyone. I been working on OpenSER and OpenSIPs for 5 years. This is the first time i experienced so many problem upgrading. The CFG is the same from 1.6 to 1.7.

1. Receiving ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog on Production only not testing environment. I am still trying to duplicate this issue in testing environment.

2. No Audio only on inbound to IP Phone and call drop. Looking at the SIP Trace somehow is not fixing the private IP address (I think ?). Level 6 debug and SIP Trace attached noaduio_drop.txt
I fixed this problem as well I am not doing a fix_nat_contact on the reply route. What I don't get is why i have no problem on 1.6 but i have problem with 1.7.

3. Now it kept crashing when IP Phone trying to register.  crash.txt
I fixed this problem : ). It was my mistake in the configuration that have fix_contact on the first line of the route {
fix_contact;
}

/usr/local/sbin/opensips[16389]: CRITICAL:core:del_lump: offset exceeds message size (485328 > 682) aborting...

On Sep 22, 2011, at 9:12 PM, k1028 wrote:

> I uploaded lvl 6 debug and SIP trace. I am not sure what is going on and am
> very confused too. There is no audio and call drop only on inbound call to
> IP Phone from OpenSIPs. What driving me crazy is that it happen on ATA, IP
> Phone, and other Dialer but it doesn't happen to Zoiper Dialer (I tried many
> many time to confirm this too).

Where did you upload them?

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

On Sep 22, 2011, at 8:24 PM, k1028 wrote:

> Sorry everyone. I been working on OpenSER and OpenSIPs for 5 years. This is
> the first time i experienced so many problem upgrading.
>
> 1. Receiving ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog
> on Production only not testing environment.
> 2. No Audio only on inbound to IP Phone

If you are getting the above error is normal to get no audio because MediaProxy wasn't really triggered.

> 3. Now it kept crashing when IP Phone trying to register.
>
> /usr/local/sbin/opensips[16389]: CRITICAL:core:del_lump: offset exceeds
> message size (485328 > 682) aborting...

Please do also attach the backtrace for that.

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

I see that you are making changes in [1]. Please make sure that all your messages make it to the list, so everyone can see. I am pasting here what you have added in [1] , so everybody gets up to date.

"
2. No Audio only on inbound to IP Phone and call drop. Looking at the SIP Trace somehow is not fixing the private IP address (I think ?). Level 6 debug and SIP Trace attached noaduio_drop.txt
I fixed this problem as well I am not doing a fix_nat_contact on the reply route. What I don't get is why i have no problem on 1.6 but i have problem with 1.7.

3. Now it kept crashing when IP Phone trying to register.  crash.txt
I fixed this problem : ). It was my mistake in the configuration that have fix_contact on the first line of the route {
fix_contact;
}
"

So, basically, your problems are fixed now ?

[1] http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/ERROR-mediaproxy-tm-request-in-could-not-create-new-dialog-td6817274.html#a6821413

Regards,
Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer

On Sep 23, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Vlad Paiu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see that you are making changes in [1]. Please make sure that all your messages make it to the list, so everyone can see. I am pasting here what you have added in [1] , so everybody gets up to date.
>
> "
> 2. No Audio only on inbound to IP Phone and call drop. Looking at the SIP Trace somehow is not fixing the private IP address (I think ?). Level 6 debug and SIP Trace attached noaduio_drop.txt
> I fixed this problem as well I am not doing a fix_nat_contact on the reply route. What I don't get is why i have no problem on 1.6 but i have problem with 1.7.
>
> 3. Now it kept crashing when IP Phone trying to register.  crash.txt
> I fixed this problem : ). It was my mistake in the configuration that have fix_contact on the first line of the route {
> fix_contact;
> }
> "
>
> So, basically, your problems are fixed now ?
>
> [1] http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/ERROR-mediaproxy-tm-request-in-could-not-create-new-dialog-td6817274.html#a6821413

Thanks for finding it Vlad.

k1028: I don't see the errors the you mentioned in any of those traces. Can you please paste a trace that does show the error?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

k1028
Hi

Sorry I am still getting the mediaproxu error in production and it cause too much problem that I reverted back to 1.6.

I am doing my best to reproduce it in my testing environment. If I cant reproduce I need to wait till the slowest  traffic time to try to catch it in production.

Sincerely,

KC
Sent from mobile

On Sep 23, 2011, at 2:07 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sep 23, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Vlad Paiu wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I see that you are making changes in [1]. Please make sure that all your messages make it to the list, so everyone can see. I am pasting here what you have added in [1] , so everybody gets up to date.
>>
>> "
>> 2. No Audio only on inbound to IP Phone and call drop. Looking at the SIP Trace somehow is not fixing the private IP address (I think ?). Level 6 debug and SIP Trace attached noaduio_drop.txt
>> I fixed this problem as well I am not doing a fix_nat_contact on the reply route. What I don't get is why i have no problem on 1.6 but i have problem with 1.7.
>>
>> 3. Now it kept crashing when IP Phone trying to register.  crash.txt
>> I fixed this problem : ). It was my mistake in the configuration that have fix_contact on the first line of the route {
>> fix_contact;
>> }
>> "
>>
>> So, basically, your problems are fixed now ?
>>
>> [1] http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/ERROR-mediaproxy-tm-request-in-could-not-create-new-dialog-td6817274.html#a6821413
>>

> Thanks for finding it Vlad.
>
> k1028: I don't see the errors the you mentioned in any of those traces. Can you please paste a trace that does show the error?

> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
> AG Projects

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

osiris123d
I'm having the same issue and I haven't noticed these errors in the past.  I am running on a Opensips trunk version that I updated last Saturday.  I am manually executing create_dialog within my script but that is so I can do the OPTION ping of caller, callee or both.  I can reproduce this every time.  I will email the debug and a siptrace since the debug is too big to go on pastebin.

On Oct 20, 2011, at 3:54 AM, osiris123d wrote:

> I'm having the same issue and I haven't noticed these errors in the past.  I
> am running on a Opensips trunk version that I updated last Saturday.  I am
> manually executing create_dialog within my script but that is so I can do
> the OPTION ping of caller, callee or both.  I can reproduce this every time.
> I will email the debug and a siptrace since the debug is too big to go on
> pastebin.

I'm aware of the issue and found the cause for it, but I didn't have the time to go and fix it :-S

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: ERROR:mediaproxy:__tm_request_in: could not create new dialog

osiris123d

Sweet.  I don't have this in production so as long as you are aware of it I am cool.  It doesn't seem to affect me as far as I can tell.

Sounds like business is booming :)