Error when using rtpproxy.

Sergio Gutierrez
Hello to all members.

When using rtpproxy, what does exactly mean the following error which appears in OpenSER log?

Apr 27 04:13:01 sipserver /opt/local/toip/sbin/openser[9955]: [ID 329583 daemon.error] ERROR:nathelper:extract_body: message body has length zero
Apr 27 04:13:01 sipserver /opt/local/toip/sbin/openser[9955]: [ID 933797 daemon.error] ERROR:nathelper:force_rtp_proxy2_f: can't extract body from the message

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Regards.

--
Sergio Gutiérrez

Re: Error when using rtpproxy.

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/4/27 Sergio Gutierrez <[hidden email]>:

> Hello to all members.
>
> When using rtpproxy, what does exactly mean the following error which
> appears in OpenSER log?
>
> Apr 27 04:13:01 sipserver /opt/local/toip/sbin/openser[9955]: [ID 329583
> daemon.error] ERROR:nathelper:extract_body: message body has length zero
> Apr 27 04:13:01 sipserver /opt/local/toip/sbin/openser[9955]: [ID 933797
> daemon.error] ERROR:nathelper:force_rtp_proxy2_f: can't extract body from
> the message

For which kind of request are you getting that error? Are you invoking
RtpProxy functions for ACK or any method different other than INVITE?

<[hidden email]>

Re: Error when using rtpproxy.

Dan Pascu
On Monday 27 April 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> 2009/4/27 Sergio Gutierrez <[hidden email]>:
> > Hello to all members.
> >
> > When using rtpproxy, what does exactly mean the following error which
> > appears in OpenSER log?
> >
> > Apr 27 04:13:01 sipserver /opt/local/toip/sbin/openser[9955]: [ID
> > 329583 daemon.error] ERROR:nathelper:extract_body: message body has
> > length zero Apr 27 04:13:01 sipserver
> > /opt/local/toip/sbin/openser[9955]: [ID 933797 daemon.error]
> > ERROR:nathelper:force_rtp_proxy2_f: can't extract body from the
> > message
>
> For which kind of request are you getting that error? Are you invoking
> RtpProxy functions for ACK or any method different other than INVITE?

ACK can contain SDP.

--
Dan

2009/4/27 Dan Pascu <[hidden email]>:
>> For which kind of request are you getting that error? Are you invoking
>> RtpProxy functions for ACK or any method different other than INVITE?
>
> ACK can contain SDP.

Yes I know, and INVITE can contain no SDP XD

But if the thread initiator suffers of this error always, it means
that he is invoking RtpProxy in a wrong way.

<[hidden email]>

Re: Error when using rtpproxy.

Sergio Gutierrez
Hello all.

Thanks for your hints.

I am invoking rtpproxy like this:

1. At main route, for CANCEL and BYE: unforce_rtp_proxy()
2. At error conditions, to clear call: unforce_rtp_proxy()
3. At "outbound route", where t_relay is called after any URI rewriting, for INVITE methods: force_rtp_proxy();
4. At on reply route registered for outbound requests: force_rtp_proxy.
5. For provisional replies: force_rtp_proxy

For cases 3, 4 and 5, force_rtp_proxy is called for cases where NAT is detected.

Thanks and regards.

Sergio G.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/4/27 Dan Pascu <[hidden email]>:
>> For which kind of request are you getting that error? Are you invoking
>> RtpProxy functions for ACK or any method different other than INVITE?
>
> ACK can contain SDP.

Yes I know, and INVITE can contain no SDP XD

But if the thread initiator suffers of this error always, it means
that he is invoking RtpProxy in a wrong way.

<[hidden email]>

Re: Error when using rtpproxy.

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/4/27 Sergio Gutierrez <[hidden email]>:
> 4. At on reply route registered for outbound requests: force_rtp_proxy.
> 5. For provisional replies: force_rtp_proxy

If OpenSIPS receives a "180 ringing" it will not contain SDP.
force_rtp_proxy() should be called just after checking that the
message (request or response) does contain a SDP. For that, you can
check the $ct (content-type) pseudo-variable, it must be
"application/sdp".

<[hidden email]>

Re: Error when using rtpproxy.

Sergio Gutierrez
Hi Iñaki.

thanks for your answer.

A little doubt; 180 will not contain SDP or might not contain SDP?

Regards!

Sergio G.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/4/27 Sergio Gutierrez <[hidden email]>:
> 4. At on reply route registered for outbound requests: force_rtp_proxy.
> 5. For provisional replies: force_rtp_proxy

If OpenSIPS receives a "180 ringing" it will not contain SDP.
force_rtp_proxy() should be called just after checking that the
message (request or response) does contain a SDP. For that, you can
check the $ct (content-type) pseudo-variable, it must be
"application/sdp".

<[hidden email]>

--
Sergio Gutiérrez

Re: Error when using rtpproxy.

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/4/27 Sergio Gutierrez <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Iñaki.
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> A little doubt; 180 will not contain SDP or might not contain SDP?

It could, but never contains. "180 Ringing" means "I'm ringing" so the
receiver of the 180 generates a ring tone in local (in the phone).

<[hidden email]>

Re: Error when using rtpproxy.

Jeff Pyle
Iñaki,

I wouldn't say "never".  Several of my PSTN carriers send me 180s with SDPs.
It seems to be the preferred configuration of Sonus GSX gateways.

- Jeff

On 4/27/09 9:30 AM, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/4/27 Sergio Gutierrez <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Iñaki.
>
> thanks for your
> answer.
>
> A little doubt; 180 will not contain SDP or might not contain
> SDP?

It could, but never contains. "180 Ringing" means "I'm ringing" so
> the
receiver of the 180 generates a ring tone in local (in the phone).

--

Iñaki Baz
> Castillo
<[hidden email]>

User
> s mailing
> list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listin

2009/4/27 Jeff Pyle <[hidden email]>:
> Iñaki,
>
> I wouldn't say "never".  Several of my PSTN carriers send me 180s with SDPs.
> It seems to be the preferred configuration of Sonus GSX gateways.

Thanks, I've never sent it.
However, force_rtp_proxy() should be executed just if $ct ==
"application/sdp", regardless of the reply code.

Regards.
<[hidden email]>

Re: Error when using rtpproxy.

HI Iñaki,

Actually I came across GW sending 180 + SDP  (instead of 183 + SDP), so
the most sane thing you can do is to force RTP replay for all replies
advertising "applications/SDP" content type.

Regards,
bogdan