FAX with rtpproxy

michel freiha
Hi all,
I have a problem with RTPProxy and FAX..the rtpproxy is not sending back rtp packets to the source endpoint...Does anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks a lot

Re: FAX with rtpproxy

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Michel,

FAX is transparent for RTPProxy - rtpproxy deals at IP level, so it
doesn't care about RTP and about the codecs, etc... So, if it is fax or
voice, it is the same.

Maybe the problem is when you have a re-INVITE for changing the codecs
(from voice to FAX)...do you have a re-INVITE in your fax call?

michel freiha wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a problem with RTPProxy and FAX..the rtpproxy is not sending
> back rtp packets to the source endpoint...Does anyone faced this issue
> before?
>
> Thanks a lot

Re: FAX with rtpproxy

michel freiha
Dear Bogdan,

You are right...I should make a reinvite...Can you please send me the method how to use it for FAX calls in order to configure it in my opensips.cfg file?

regards

michel freiha wrote:
Hi all,
I have a problem with RTPProxy and FAX..the rtpproxy is not sending back rtp packets to the source endpoint...Does anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks a lot

Re: FAX with rtpproxy

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Michel,

The re-INVITE should be made by one of the parties (caller or callee) -
make a trace (use ngrep) in order to see if there is a re-INVITE that
may break your media.