Flush bad user data from from running opensips

Flush bad user data from from running opensips

Robert Dyck

I have updated my small test bed from 2.3.2 to 2.4.2. I didn't bother to back up the 'subscriber" table and it was wiped by the installation. No big deal, it was tiny.

So I added the users but made an error.

opensipsctl add abc xyz -- I didn't specify the domain. The UAC would not register.

I corrected the user.

opensipsctl rm abc, opensipsctl add abc@192.168.1.2 xyz

The UAC still cannot register.

DBG:auth_db:get_ha1: no result for user 'abc@'

Opensips is restarted and the UAC registers.

Restaring a production machine is problematic. Is there a way to flush the bad data which I assume has been cached?

Some error checking in opensipsctl or the DB interface would be helpful.

Thanks for your time and the product.

Rob

Re: Flush bad user data from from running opensips

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Robert,

Do you have the "use_domain" parameter enabled in the auth_db module ?
    http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/auth_db.html#param_use_domain

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
On 11/07/2018 04:30 AM, Robert Dyck wrote:

I have updated my small test bed from 2.3.2 to 2.4.2. I didn't bother to back up the 'subscriber" table and it was wiped by the installation. No big deal, it was tiny.

So I added the users but made an error.

opensipsctl add abc xyz -- I didn't specify the domain. The UAC would not register.

I corrected the user.

opensipsctl rm abc, opensipsctl add [hidden email] xyz

The UAC still cannot register.

DBG:auth_db:get_ha1: no result for user 'abc@'

Opensips is restarted and the UAC registers.

Restaring a production machine is problematic. Is there a way to flush the bad data which I assume has been cached?

Some error checking in opensipsctl or the DB interface would be helpful.

Thanks for your time and the product.

Rob

Re: Flush bad user data from from running opensips

Robert Dyck

I do not have that parameter set and I do not use multiple domains.

The problem was that after I corrected the error ( missing domain ), opensips continued to look for abc@ rather than abc. I was looking for a graceful way to correct the internal representation of the user name. Restarting opensips is no problem on a small installation but it is less than ideal.

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:11:52 AM PST Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

Hi Robert,

Do you have the "use_domain" parameter enabled in the auth_db module ?

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/auth_db.html#param_use_domain

Regards,

Bogdan-Andrei IancuOpenSIPS Founder and Developer http://www.opensips-solutions.comOpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018 http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/

[...]

That's the whole idea - if the "use_domain" is on 0, OpenSIPS will reference the users only by username. So try "opensipsctl add abc xyz" and post what record you get into the subscriber table.

Hi Robert, Do you have the "use_domain" parameter enabled in the auth_db module ?    http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/auth_db.html#param_use_domain Regards,

[...]

[root@slim opensips]# opensipsctl add abc xyz
Updated subscriber, rows affected: 1
new user 'abc' added

10:abc:localhost:xyz::6c7faf173d3b8e26d95e7f26dd0388d6:e091cc8c08b19e1d50ee3891d3f37153:

[root@slim opensips]# opensipsctl rm abc
Updated dbaliases, rows affected: 0

[root@slim opensips]# opensipsctl add abc@192.168.1.2 xyz
Updated subscriber, rows affected: 1
new user 'abc@192.168.1.2' added

10:abc:192.168.1.2:xyz::9ce761c3a9f328510ea011bd5c9bd2c5:cc312796ec331326cd537f3a3ffad7b6:

The difference being localhost vs 192.168.1.2

abc@ not found.

So, the data in DB is ok, but the auth still fails - please paste the exact setting/modparams you have for the auth_db module along with the return code provided by the www_auth function - see http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/auth_db.html#func_www_authorize

[root@slim opensips]# opensipsctl rm abc Updated dbaliases, rows affected: 0 [root@slim opensips]# opensipsctl add [hidden email] xyz                 Updated subscriber, rows affected: 1 new user '[hidden email]' added

10:abc:192.168.1.2:xyz::9ce761c3a9f328510ea011bd5c9bd2c5:cc312796ec331326cd537f3a3ffad7b6:

The difference being localhost vs 192.168.1.2

abc@ not found.

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:59:10 AM PST Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

That's the whole idea - if the "use_domain" is on 0, OpenSIPS will reference the users only by username. So try "opensipsctl add abc xyz" and post what record you get into the subscriber table. Regards,

[...]

So now I am confused. I am unable to reproduce the problem regardless of the "use_domain" setting. I even tried eliminating that line from the configuration ( that is how it was originally ) and the client can register whether I had created the user as abc xyz or abc@192.168.1.2 xyz. A few days ago I reproduced it several times.

the line "DBG:auth_db:get_ha1: no result for user 'abc@'" no longer appears in the debug.

For your curiosity here are my auth settings.

#### AUTHentication modules
loadmodule "auth.so"
loadmodule "auth_db.so"
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
#modparam("auth_db|uri", "db_url",
       #"mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips") # CUSTOMIZE ME
modparam("usrloc|auth_db|uri", "db_url", "text:///usr/share/opensips/dbtext/opensips")
modparam("auth_db", "load_credentials", "")