Forward NOTIFY msg,how to do that?

Spady#7
Hi all, I am pretty new on OpenSIPS world so first of all sorry for dummy questions.
My configuration is listed below:

IP-PBX<---->Asterisk<---->ExchangeUM 2010

Ip-PBX use Exchange voice mail. Asterisk acts as Proxy SIP because IP-PBX is not able to modify SIP HEADER, needed for integration with Exchange UM.
Everything is working good except for NOTIFY messages that Exchange send after voice message is left to Voice Mail Box ( for MWI notification ). This NOTIFY msg is sent by Exchange to Aterisk ( because Exchange does not knows IP-PBX ). I would like to forward NOTIFY message from Asterisk to IP-PBX.
I read all about open sips and seems it can do that. So I thought to install on same server, where is runing asterisk, opensips and tell to OpenSIPS to forward NOTIFY messages comes form exchange to IP-PBX.
Please, can you help how to write "opensips.cfg" to achieve this?
Is possible this "scenario" I thought about?

Thank you very much

Re: Forward NOTIFY msg,how to do that?

Max Mühlbronner
Hi,

The actual forwarding is quite simple.

if(!is_method("NOTIFY")) {
         rewritehostport("1.2.3.4:5060"); <--- IP/port of your IP-PBX
         t_relay();
}

Best Regards

Max M.

Am 27.07.2011 11:53, schrieb spady:

> Hi all, I am pretty new on OpenSIPS world so first of all sorry for dummy
> questions.
> My configuration is listed below:
>
> IP-PBX<---->Asterisk<---->ExchangeUM 2010
>
> Ip-PBX use Exchange voice mail. Asterisk acts as Proxy SIP because IP-PBX is
> not able to modify SIP HEADER, needed for integration with Exchange UM.
> Everything is working good except for NOTIFY messages that Exchange send
> after voice message is left to Voice Mail Box ( for MWI notification ). This
> NOTIFY msg is sent by Exchange to Aterisk ( because Exchange does not knows
> IP-PBX ). I would like to forward NOTIFY message from Asterisk to IP-PBX.
> I read all about open sips and seems it can do that. So I thought to install
> on same server, where is runing asterisk, opensips and tell to OpenSIPS to
> forward NOTIFY messages comes form exchange to IP-PBX.
> Please, can you help how to write "opensips.cfg" to achieve this?
> Is possible this "scenario" I thought about?
>
> Thank you very much

Re: Forward NOTIFY msg,how to do that?

Max Mühlbronner
Hi,

sorry typo:

if(is_method("NOTIFY")) {

BR

Max M.

Am 28.07.2011 12:36, schrieb Max Mühlbronner:

> Hi,
>
> The actual forwarding is quite simple.
>
> if(!is_method("NOTIFY")) {
>         rewritehostport("1.2.3.4:5060"); <--- IP/port of your IP-PBX
>         t_relay();
> }
>

> Best Regards
>
> Max M.
>

> Am 27.07.2011 11:53, schrieb spady:
>> Hi all, I am pretty new on OpenSIPS world so first of all sorry for
>> dummy
>> questions.
>> My configuration is listed below:
>>
>> IP-PBX<---->Asterisk<---->ExchangeUM 2010
>>
>> Ip-PBX use Exchange voice mail. Asterisk acts as Proxy SIP because
>> IP-PBX is
>> not able to modify SIP HEADER, needed for integration with Exchange UM.
>> Everything is working good except for NOTIFY messages that Exchange send
>> after voice message is left to Voice Mail Box ( for MWI notification
>> ). This
>> NOTIFY msg is sent by Exchange to Aterisk ( because Exchange does not
>> knows
>> IP-PBX ). I would like to forward NOTIFY message from Asterisk to
>> IP-PBX.
>> I read all about open sips and seems it can do that. So I thought to
>> install
>> on same server, where is runing asterisk, opensips and tell to
>> OpenSIPS to
>> forward NOTIFY messages comes form exchange to IP-PBX.
>> Please, can you help how to write "opensips.cfg" to achieve this?
>> Is possible this "scenario" I thought about?
>>
>> Thank you very much

Re: Forward NOTIFY msg,how to do that?

Spady#7
Hi Max and thanks for reply. I will try it and I will let you all know.
Thanks again

Re: Forward NOTIFY msg,how to do that?

chrisr
I'm trying to do something similar.  Did you get this to work?

Re: Forward NOTIFY msg,how to do that?

Spady#7
Hi Chris,
for the moment I am non working on this case. I  am working with a fax server and pbx-ip, placing opensips in the middle.
Btw, the code you can see on this thread should work.
Where are you stuck?

Re: Forward NOTIFY msg,how to do that?

chrisr
My setup is similar to the one in your post.
Avaya PBX ---------- Asterisk ------------- Exchange 2010 UM
I have everything working except for the MWI.  The sip notify from the exchange server goes to the Asterisk server.
I'm trying to figure out how to install opensips on the asterisk server and use it to rewrite and forward MWI to my Avaya PBX and send all other traffic to the asterisk server.

Thanks for your response.

Re: Forward NOTIFY msg,how to do that?

Spady#7
Yes, very similar to mine.
Tell me if you will be able to achive your target.
Btw, using google, there are some good blogs that they explain integration of opensips into asterisk box very well.
If you need help, ask me. No problem.
Have a nice day