Fw: opensips as a transcoder

Live School

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 2:22 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] opensips as a transcoder

OpenSIPS is a SIP proxy.  It has no imaginable relation to codecs or anything audio-bearer related.  It does not deal with RTP at all.

--
Sent from mobile device

On Feb 8, 2010, at 2:11 AM, "Live School" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to use openSIPS as transcoder only ?
if yes, any link of configuration ?

Thanks

Franck

Hi Alex,

Ok, but MediaProxy so ? is it working well with openSIPS, isn't it ?

Regards

Franck

Re: Fw: opensips as a transcoder

David J.-2
MediaProxy is a separate module for Media Relay also has nothing to do
with transcoding.

Transcoding is a conversion process from one codec to another, maybe you
can try using asterisk if it supports the codecs your are trying to
transcode.

OpenSIPS is a sip proxy, media proxy is a media relay, you can pass
media through it but it doesn't provide any encoding.

wüber
Perhaps you can try RTPproxy ... I'm not so sure but I guess it should support transcoding. Regards

Re: Fw: opensips as a transcoder

David J.-2
RTP Proxy wont help either, It is also just a media relay.

wüber
Sure, but surfing the net I have found a transcoder patch on rtpproxy ... probably it works ;-)