Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Hi.

I would able to generate a DTMF from opensips.
Is it possible ? How can i do it ?

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Giuseppe,

OpenSIPS is a SIP proxy and has no media related capabilities, so it is
not able to generate DTMF tones.

Giuseppe Roberti wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I would able to generate a DTMF from opensips.
> Is it possible ? How can i do it ?
>
> Regards.

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Brett Nemeroff
what about generating a DTMF INFO from the UAC module?

Giuseppe Roberti wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I would able to generate a DTMF from opensips.
> Is it possible ? How can i do it ?
>
> Regards.

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Hi.

Sorry. I'll try to explain better.
I want to send an INFO request from the UAS to one UAC.
This request is a SIP request, specified by rfc 2976, it's not RTP media.
It's like this: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+Info+DTMF

Thank you all.

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Alex Balashov
The fact remains that a proxy cannot originate requests.  They would
have to come from another UAC.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Brett Nemeroff
What about using the uac module and generating it manually, like how the ctd example works??

I'm not sure why you'd want to do this....

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (706) 338-8599

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Ill try.

I have a custom hardware phone that do something when receive a dtmf (it
cant read sip, its an analogical phone).
So i have to send dtmf when some event occur (like, received new invite,
200 ok for invite, etc...) to a sip ata that encode it for the
analogical hardware.
I know that a proxy does not generate request but i personally need it.

Thanks again.

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Brett Nemeroff
Perhaps you can use sipp to generate a call and send RTP

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ill try.
>
> I have a custom hardware phone that do something when receive a dtmf (it
> cant read sip, its an analogical phone).
> So i have to send dtmf when some event occur (like, received new invite,
> 200 ok for invite, etc...) to a sip ata that encode it for the
> analogical hardware.
> I know that a proxy does not generate request but i personally need it.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
>> What about using the uac module and generating it manually, like how the ctd example works??
>>
>> I'm not sure why you'd want to do this....

I need only to send an INFO request that describe a DTMF tone, an INFO
application/dtmf-relay request. I dont need sipp nor any other media
software, thanks.
Take a look to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+Info+DTMF for an
idea of what i want to do.
Its only a think that is relative to uac instead of proxy.
Maybe its better to talk about on other places.

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Brett Nemeroff
I've mentioned several times.. try using the UAC module to generate
the message. OpenSIPs is a proxy. It isn't made to GENERATE any
message, but to relay and reply to messages. You can use the fifo
method of the UAC module to generate an outgoing message. Look up the
click to dial (ctd) examples. It's not for SIP INFO, but it has an
INVITE method.

On the other hand:
sipp (or some sort of real UAC)----> opensips --->
your-fancy-device-we-don't-understand
makes plenty of sense with the given technology

That's my $0.02

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need only to send an INFO request that describe a DTMF tone, an INFO
> application/dtmf-relay request. I dont need sipp nor any other media
> software.
> Take a look to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+Info+DTMF
> Its only a think that is relative to uac instead of proxy.
> Maybe its better to talk about on other places.
>
> Regards.
>
> Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>> Perhaps you can use sipp to generate a call and send RTP
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Ill try.
>>>
>>> I have a custom hardware phone that do something when receive a dtmf (it
>>> cant read sip, its an analogical phone).
>>> So i have to send dtmf when some event occur (like, received new invite,
>>> 200 ok for invite, etc...) to a sip ata that encode it for the
>>> analogical hardware.
>>> I know that a proxy does not generate request but i personally need it.
>>>
>>> Thanks again.

Thank you Brett.

I will try.

However, the fancy device is not mine, its more like this:
[...] <=> opensips <=> ata <=> some-fancy-device-i-dont-understand

Regards.

Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> I've mentioned several times.. try using the UAC module to generate
> the message. OpenSIPs is a proxy. It isn't made to GENERATE any
> message, but to relay and reply to messages. You can use the fifo
> method of the UAC module to generate an outgoing message. Look up the
> click to dial (ctd) examples. It's not for SIP INFO, but it has an
> INVITE method.
>
> On the other hand:
> sipp (or some sort of real UAC)----> opensips --->
> your-fancy-device-we-don't-understand
> makes plenty of sense with the given technology
>
> That's my $0.02
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I need only to send an INFO request that describe a DTMF tone, an INFO
>> application/dtmf-relay request. I dont need sipp nor any other media
>> software.
>> Take a look to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+Info+DTMF
>> Its only a think that is relative to uac instead of proxy.
>> Maybe its better to talk about on other places.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>>> Perhaps you can use sipp to generate a call and send RTP

Hi Brett,

I think you refer to the TM module (not UAC) for generating SIP requests
- the t_uac_dlg MI command:
    http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/tm.html#id2493975

As Giuseppe mentioned, the DTMFs he needs are transported via SIP INFO
method, so OpenSIPS could generate such a method. The problem is (please
correct me if I'm wrong) that the INFO will a in-dialog request (INFO
request will belong to the INVITE dialog). And OpenSIPS cannot generate
within the dialog request (because of the old Cseq story).

Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> I've mentioned several times.. try using the UAC module to generate
> the message. OpenSIPs is a proxy. It isn't made to GENERATE any
> message, but to relay and reply to messages. You can use the fifo
> method of the UAC module to generate an outgoing message. Look up the
> click to dial (ctd) examples. It's not for SIP INFO, but it has an
> INVITE method.
>
> On the other hand:
> sipp (or some sort of real UAC)----> opensips --->
> your-fancy-device-we-don't-understand
> makes plenty of sense with the given technology
>
> That's my $0.02
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I need only to send an INFO request that describe a DTMF tone, an INFO
>> application/dtmf-relay request. I dont need sipp nor any other media
>> software.
>> Take a look to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+Info+DTMF
>> Its only a think that is relative to uac instead of proxy.
>> Maybe its better to talk about on other places.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps you can use sipp to generate a call and send RTP

Hi Bogdan.

Sorry, i cannot reply to your request.
Simply i don't know if the INFO will be a in-dialog request or not.
I am learning sip and opensips day by day.

Thank you, i will try t_uac_dlg()

Regards.

El Martes, 18 de Noviembre de 2008, [hidden email] escribió:
> What about using the uac module and generating it manually, like how the
> ctd example works??

A Proxy **cannot** generate in-dialog requests. If it does it, it will change
CSeq value and it should replace each *real* in-dialog request sent by
caller/callee.
This is really more complex if we speak about in-dialgo request during
early-dialogs in parallel forking (one early-dialog could use PRACK so CSeq
would be incremented in caller for *just* that early-dialog).

In conclusion: a proxy cannot generate in-dialog requests, you need a
transparent B2BUA.

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Brett Nemeroff
I really, think you need to re-think what you are trying to do. It simply doesn't make any sense the scenario you've described.

I imagine your mystery device is something like a door control. If it's analog, and you are using some sort of ATA, it doesn't make sense to send it a DTMF before you make a call to it.. That would be like leaving a message on your home answering machine without ever calling it. If your analog mystery device requires a telephone line, you'll need to place a call to it first.. Once you have the dialog established, it should be pretty easy to send it a tone from whatever established the dialog.
-Brett

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Brett,
>
> I think you refer to the TM module (not UAC) for generating SIP requests
> - the t_uac_dlg MI command:
>     http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/tm.html#id2493975
>
> As Giuseppe mentioned, the DTMFs he needs are transported via SIP INFO
> method, so OpenSIPS could generate such a method. The problem is (please
> correct me if I'm wrong) that the INFO will a in-dialog request (INFO
> request will belong to the INVITE dialog). And OpenSIPS cannot generate
> within the dialog request (because of the old Cseq story).
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>> I've mentioned several times.. try using the UAC module to generate
>> the message. OpenSIPs is a proxy. It isn't made to GENERATE any
>> message, but to relay and reply to messages. You can use the fifo
>> method of the UAC module to generate an outgoing message. Look up the
>> click to dial (ctd) examples. It's not for SIP INFO, but it has an
>> INVITE method.
>>
>> On the other hand:
>> sipp (or some sort of real UAC)----> opensips --->
>> your-fancy-device-we-don't-understand
>> makes plenty of sense with the given technology
>>
>> That's my $0.02
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I need only to send an INFO request that describe a DTMF tone, an INFO
>>> application/dtmf-relay request. I dont need sipp nor any other media
>>> software.
>>> Take a look to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+Info+DTMF
>>> Its only a think that is relative to uac instead of proxy.
>>> Maybe its better to talk about on other places.
>>>
>>> Regards.

Hi brett.

I really would be able to re-think what i have to do.
But the device is not on my control and i need to satisfy my customer.
However i don't need to speak with this device before the call is
started but immediately after the caller response.
And i can't do it from the caller.
When i have read about SIP INFO DTMF i have decided to try if it can
work for me, but its not so, because a sip proxy cant generate transaction.

The only think i can try now is to inject RTP.
I use mediaproxy for every call that come from those devices, so i see
two possibility.
The first, send RTP to media-relay caller address/port (and maybe i also
need to send it from ip/port of the caller, using raw socket) so it than
be relayed to the callee.
The second is to send directly to callee address/port audio rtp from
media-relay server, using the same address/port used by the relay for
this call audio stream, but if so i think i have to do it before the
port become used by conntrack, isnt it ?
Please send me any comment/suggestion.

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Brett Nemeroff
Still, regardless of the specific requirements. You've mentioned that it's a analog phone.. And thus you won't have a connected line to it without "calling" it.

Maybe you could tell us more about it and we'd  be able to give you some idea of how you might be able to do it?
-Brett

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Sorry Brett. My english is poor, but i will try again to explain better
my needs.

I have to send a dtmf to an analog device.
This tell the device to start a timer.
This behavior cant be changed, so i have to do it via software.
This dtmf have to be send after the call is setup (after 200 Ok for
previously INVITE), so the device can hear that.
This dtmf can be a SIP INFO request or a RTP RFC2833 event.
I have understand that i cant do it with sip info request because a
proxy cant generate requests.
The only solution that i see is to inject rtp, but i am not sure of
that. (and i dont know how to do, so i am rtfm ;)

If you have any comment/suggestion, please send me, thanks.

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: Generate INFO application/dtmf-relay message

Brett Nemeroff
So this makes more sense to me. What will be generating the initial
request? This is all very easily done with asterisk. If you have an
existing dialog, you could probably mock up a INFO request, but I
don't think that will really give you what you want.
-Brett