Getting Error ImportError: No module named web2 for openxcap

Getting Error ImportError: No module named web2 for openxcap

Cao Lei-MNW784
Well, I hope you have fixed this problem.
As I couldn't find any solution in this mailing list, I like to share how I solved the same problem in my CentOS:
The required packages from OpenXcap homepage are:

Twisted framework
Twisted Core, Twisted Web and Twisted Web 2

At http://twistedmatrix.com, I didn't know which package refers to the "framework".
So, I installed "Twisted", "Twisted Core", Web and Web2

After many rounds of tries (all the combination of packages and even an earlier release), I figured out that it's the "Twisted" causing the problem.
So, I just re-installed everything except "Twisted"

To test whether this works:
Enter python with following steps to make sure web2 is installed correctly:

# python
>>> help()
help> twisted          <------------ check web2(package) is in the list
help> twisted.web2  <----------- check responsecode is in the list

Also, can create a test.py containing just one line "from twisted.web2 import responsecode"

run: 'python test.py'

Thanks & Regards
Cao, Charles

Re: Getting Error ImportError: No module named web2 for openxcap

Dan Pascu

On 9 Jun 2009, at 11:25, Cao Lei-MNW784 wrote:

> Well, I hope you have fixed this problem.
> As I couldn't find any solution in this mailing list, I like to
> share how I solved the same problem in my CentOS:
> The required packages from OpenXcap homepage are:
>
> Twisted framework
> Twisted Core, Twisted Web and Twisted Web 2
>
> At http://twistedmatrix.com, I didn't know which package refers to
> the "framework".

I guess it's confusing because of the way it's put. Twisted framework
is not a package, it's rather a generic title referring to the 3
packages listed below it.

> So, I installed "Twisted", "Twisted Core", Web and Web2

That should be enough.

--
Dan

Re: Getting Error ImportError: No module named web2 for openxcap

Cao Lei-MNW784
Yup, I agree. With "Twisted Core", Web and Web2, three packages are
enough in my setup.

Thanks & Regards
Cao, Charles