Getting Polycom to append Remote-Party-ID to its replies

Getting Polycom to append Remote-Party-ID to its replies

Yehavi Bourvine
Hello,
  I have the same extension shared among a few Polycom lines (BLA). When the call is answered I want to show the name of the one who answered it. Is there a way to tell the Polycom to fill the Remote-Party-ID field when it answers? Cisco phones do so...

                                      Thanks! __Yehavi:

Re: Getting Polycom to append Remote-Party-ID to its replies

Brett Nemeroff
I'm not sure how to make the polycom do that, but I'd think you'd want to do that in openser instead anyway, wouldn't you?

Call me paranoid, but I typically toss out whatever display name the customer sets and pull my own from provisioned information.

To clarify, I believe you are referring to the call-ED party bit in the RPID which is less common than the call-ING party number.

Reading around, I see people have used this on the poly, so I'm sure there must be a way to do it. Have you checked the admin guides?

-Brett

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Yehavi Bourvine <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
  I have the same extension shared among a few Polycom lines (BLA). When the call is answered I want to show the name of the one who answered it. Is there a way to tell the Polycom to fill the Remote-Party-ID field when it answers? Cisco phones do so...

                                      Thanks! __Yehavi:

Re: Getting Polycom to append Remote-Party-ID to itsreplies

Zahid Mehmood

Hi Yehavi,

When using BLA, polycom phones append p-preferred-id hdr.  Use opensips to replace that with a p-asserted-id hdr.

To show who answered the call,  set t_on_reply when processing the initial invite, and use on_reply_route to insert the header.

HTH.

--

Zahid

  I have the same extension shared among a few Polycom lines (BLA). When the call is answered I want to show the name of the one who answered it. Is there a way to tell the Polycom to fill the Remote-Party-ID field when it answers? Cisco phones do so...

                                      Thanks! __Yehavi:

Re: Getting Polycom to append Remote-Party-ID to its replies

Yehavi Bourvine
Thanks to all who answered me!

09/2/5 Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]>
I'm not sure how to make the polycom do that, but I'd think you'd want to do that in openser instead anyway, wouldn't you?

Yes and no. I do that this way now, but I want to know which phone exactly answered the call as more than one phones are ringing (as they share the same extension).

Call me paranoid, but I typically toss out whatever display name the customer sets and pull my own from provisioned information.

Me too, but not in thios case...

To clarify, I believe you are referring to the call-ED party bit in the RPID which is less common than the call-ING party number

Right.

                     Thanks, __Yehavi:

Re: Getting Polycom to append Remote-Party-ID to its replies

catalina oancea
Can I ask you how you made BLA work with openser? Can you give me a
few hints regarding your configuration? I am trying to set it up with
Polycom and it's not working very well...

Thanks
Catalina

2009/2/5 Yehavi Bourvine <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks to all who answered me!
>
> 09/2/5 Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]>
>>
>> I'm not sure how to make the polycom do that, but I'd think you'd want to
>> do that in openser instead anyway, wouldn't you?
>

>> Yes and no. I do that this way now, but I want to know which phone exactly
>> answered the call as more than one phones are ringing (as they share the
>> same extension).
>

>> Call me paranoid, but I typically toss out whatever display name the
>> customer sets and pull my own from provisioned information.
>

>> Me too, but not in thios case...
>

>> To clarify, I believe you are referring to the call-ED party bit in the
>> RPID which is less common than the call-ING party number.
>

>> Right.
>

>                      Thanks, __Yehavi:

Re: Getting Polycom to append Remote-Party-ID to its replies

Anca Vamanu-2
Hi Catalina,

I would suggest you to read the documentation for BLA in OpenSIPS:
http://opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.PuaExtensions#pua_bla. For
Configuring OpenSIPS start from the example in the documetation. For
polycom be sure to set the line to 'shared' and use the same Third Party
Name for the phone you want to be on the same line.
If you still have problems you can try to describe them and maybe I can
help you.

Regards,
Anca

catalina oancea wrote:

> Can I ask you how you made BLA work with openser? Can you give me a
> few hints regarding your configuration? I am trying to set it up with
> Polycom and it's not working very well...
>
> Thanks
> Catalina
>

> 2009/2/5 Yehavi Bourvine <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Thanks to all who answered me!
>>
>> 09/2/5 Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> I'm not sure how to make the polycom do that, but I'd think you'd want to
>>> do that in openser instead anyway, wouldn't you?
>>>

>>> Yes and no. I do that this way now, but I want to know which phone exactly
>>> answered the call as more than one phones are ringing (as they share the
>>> same extension).
>>>

>>> Call me paranoid, but I typically toss out whatever display name the
>>> customer sets and pull my own from provisioned information.
>>>

>>> Me too, but not in thios case...
>>>

>>> To clarify, I believe you are referring to the call-ED party bit in the
>>> RPID which is less common than the call-ING party number.
>>>

>>> Right.
>>>
>>                      Thanks, __Yehavi:

Re: Getting Polycom to append Remote-Party-ID to its replies

catalina oancea
Hi Anca,

Many thanks for your answer.
Well, first of all, how can I get openser to send the INVITE to all
the phones that are registered with the same aor? My call only goes to
one of them. Why is flag 5 set in
http://opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.PuaBlaConfig ? I thought it
might have something to do with this but I am not sure.

Thanks again
Catalina