Getting asterisk to reply to OPTIONS keepalive

Getting asterisk to reply to OPTIONS keepalive

Alejandro Recarey
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the keepalive / ping option in OpenSIPS Loadbalancer
module, but asterisk always responds with a 404 not found. Has anybody
managed to get this working with Asterisk 1.6.1.X + OpenSIPS 1.6.2 ?

Thanks!

Alex

Re: Getting asterisk to reply to OPTIONS keepalive

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Alejandro,

I'm aware of the incapacity of Asterisk of properly answer to OPTIONS
pings, so we made a fix on the opensips side - the LB module has a
parameter that allows you do define an extra list of reply codes to be
considered as success (aside 200 ok). See:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/load_balancer.html#id228255

So, just do :

    modparam("load_balancer", "probing_reply_codes", "404")

Alejandro Recarey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use the keepalive / ping option in OpenSIPS Loadbalancer
> module, but asterisk always responds with a 404 not found. Has anybody
> managed to get this working with Asterisk 1.6.1.X + OpenSIPS 1.6.2 ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alex

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Getting asterisk to reply to OPTIONS keepalive

Olle E. Johansson

11 mar 2010 kl. 10.33 skrev Bogdan-Andrei Iancu:

> Hi Alejandro,
>
> I'm aware of the incapacity of Asterisk of properly answer to OPTIONS

Bogdan,
Asterisk can surely handle OPTIONS, if you configure it properly.

Add an "s" extension in the dialplan context that is used, and OPTIONS will
reply 200 OK. Extension "s" is used when no extension is given, and OPTIONS
is usually sent without any username part in the SIP uri, thus no extension.

/O

Re: Getting asterisk to reply to OPTIONS keepalive

Alejandro Recarey
Great help, thank you both!