H323

Wayne Scholar
Is it possible to use opensips for h323 -  i know prob a dumb question :)  If so anyone have any examples?  If not what's being used out there?

Re: H323

Brett Nemeroff
Opensips has no support for anything but SIP.

You won't get your head bitten off here. Most of us are pretty tame. :)

For H323, I think you can use freeswitch with success. I'd love to hear what other people out there are using and in what capacities.

I'm planning on layering freeswitch into my setup to support H.323 (at least, that's how it is in my mind) :)
-Brett

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Wayne Scholar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it possible to use opensips for h323 -  i know prob a dumb question :)  If so anyone have any examples?  If not what's being used out there?

Re: H323

Wayne Scholar
Thanks for taking it easy on me ;)

We use opensips now for SIP i just wasn't sure if it could do more....

I'll check into freeswitch and report back.

Wayne

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 15:28 -0500, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
freeswitch

Re: H323

Steven E. Ames
Might check Yate also.

Re: H323

Wayne Scholar
A bit more info.

We use opensips as a gateway to know about all our asterisk servers behind it.  We do not use it for media just for signaling and so we don't have to register IPs with our carriers other than our gateway.  The opensips will dist the calls across our asterisk servers.

I am looking to build the same setup with h323 protocol.  So i don't know if i need a gateway or gatekeeper or what software can perform this function.  freeswitch is a lot like asterisk as a read it?

Wayne

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 15:28 -0500, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
freeswitch

Re: H323

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Wayne Scholar wrote:

> A bit more info.
>
> We use opensips as a gateway to know about all our asterisk servers
> behind it.  We do not use it for media just for signaling and so we
> don't have to register IPs with our carriers other than our gateway.
> The opensips will dist the calls across our asterisk servers.
>
> I am looking to build the same setup with h323 protocol.  So i don't
> know if i need a gateway or gatekeeper or what software can perform
> this function.  freeswitch is a lot like asterisk as a read it?

I think yate has some nice h323 support - you may look around to see if
it can do what you need.

> Wayne
>
> On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 15:28 -0500, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>> freeswitch

H323

David Villasmil
Hello,

     yate is great for h.323<->SIP, it even has a config on its web to do it. I've used it a lot.

have fun!

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wayne Scholar wrote:
> A bit more info.
>
> We use opensips as a gateway to know about all our asterisk servers
> behind it.  We do not use it for media just for signaling and so we
> don't have to register IPs with our carriers other than our gateway.
> The opensips will dist the calls across our asterisk servers.
>
> I am looking to build the same setup with h323 protocol.  So i don't
> know if i need a gateway or gatekeeper or what software can perform
> this function.  freeswitch is a lot like asterisk as a read it?

I think yate has some nice h323 support - you may look around to see if
it can do what you need.

> Wayne
>
> On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 15:28 -0500, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>> freeswitch

Re: H323

Brett Nemeroff
David,
What capacities are you able to achieve with yate and h323? roughly?

Wayne Scholar wrote:
> A bit more info.
>
> We use opensips as a gateway to know about all our asterisk servers
> behind it.  We do not use it for media just for signaling and so we
> don't have to register IPs with our carriers other than our gateway.
> The opensips will dist the calls across our asterisk servers.
>
> I am looking to build the same setup with h323 protocol.  So i don't
> know if i need a gateway or gatekeeper or what software can perform
> this function.  freeswitch is a lot like asterisk as a read it?

I think yate has some nice h323 support - you may look around to see if
it can do what you need.

> Wayne
>
> On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 15:28 -0500, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>> freeswitch

Re: H323

David Villasmil
Hello,

I got to about 100 simultaneous calls, without touching rtps.

David