Help!! how to handle BYE incase UAC died in middle of call

Help!! how to handle BYE incase UAC died in middle of call

Krunal Patel-4
Hi,

I am looking for the solution of an issue.
The issue is like.......
There are 2 UACs in call.
Suddenly one of The UAC died .
So In this case call should be hangup.
Instead of that Call is not being hangup until second UAC do not hangup call.
Is there a way that Opensips send BYE automatically to the second UAC if another UAC dies in middle of call?

Thanks in advance
Krunal Patel

Re: Help!! how to handle BYE incase UAC died in middle of call

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2008/11/29 Krunal Patel <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for the solution of an issue.
> The issue is like.......
> There are 2 UACs in call.
> Suddenly one of The UAC died .
> So In this case call should be hangup.
> Instead of that Call is not being hangup until second UAC do not hangup
> call.
> Is there a way that Opensips send BYE automatically to the second UAC if
> another UAC dies in middle of call?

Answer yourself: how can OpenSIPS know that the UAC has died? Note
that OpenSIPS is a proxy (not a B2BUA) so it can not send in-dialog
requests (Session Timers with re-INVITE/UPDATE) to test if both legs
of the call are alive.

<[hidden email]>

Re: Help!! how to handle BYE incase UAC died in middle of call

john li
2008/11/30 Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>
2008/11/29 Krunal Patel <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for the solution of an issue.
> The issue is like.......
> There are 2 UACs in call.
> Suddenly one of The UAC died .
> So In this case call should be hangup.
> Instead of that Call is not being hangup until second UAC do not hangup
> call.
> Is there a way that Opensips send BYE automatically to the second UAC if
> another UAC dies in middle of call?

Answer yourself: how can OpenSIPS know that the UAC has died? Note
that OpenSIPS is a proxy (not a B2BUA) so it can not send in-dialog
requests (Session Timers with re-INVITE/UPDATE) to test if both legs
of the call are alive.

<[hidden email]>

use mediaproxy-2.1.0.

the following is come from mediaproxy-2.1.0 Readme:

Closing expired calls
---------------------
Starting with version 2.1.0, MediaProxy supports closing calls for which all
the media streams did timeout, but for which no BYE was received to close the
call in the standard way.
This feature will only work, when the OpenSIPS mediaproxy module uses the
engage_media_proxy() command to start MediaProxy for a given call. In this
case the mediaproxy module uses the dialog module to keep track of the call
and can pass the dialog id to the media dispatcher. When a media session is
expired because all streams did timeout, but no closing request was received
from the proxy, the media dispatcher will use the dialog id that was received
from the mediaproxy module, to issue a dlg_end_dlg request into the OpenSIPS'
MI interface, instructing OpenSIPS to generate the BYEs for the call, closing
it in a clean way and generating the accounting records.
To use this, the mi_datagram module must be loaded and configured to use a
UNIX filesystem socket which must also be configured into the OpenSIPS section
of the MediaProxy configuration as socket_path.
This feature is not available when using the use_media_proxy/end_media_session
functions in the proxy configuration, because in that case there is no dialo

--
Regards
John