Help needed to change database RW user/password

Help needed to change database RW user/password

Srikanth Rajagopalan
Hi,

I have got my SIP proxy up and running, but I am able to work only with the username 'opensips' and the password 'opensipsrw'. When I change the username and password in opensipsctlrc file I get an error message saying access denied. I am not asure about which variables to comment out and which variables to leave as such. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Srikanth

Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.

Re: Help needed to change database RW user/password

Uwe Kastens
Hi,

what kind of db are you using? Do you know how to change the password on
your database backend? If so, you should use the same password for the
user in your database and in the opensips config.

BR

Uwe

srikanth R schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I have got my SIP proxy up and running, but I am able to work only with
> the username 'opensips' and the password 'opensipsrw'. When I change the
> username and password in opensipsctlrc file I get an error message
> saying access denied. I am not asure about which variables to comment
> out and which variables to leave as such. Any help in this regard would
> be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Srikanth

> Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet
> Explorer 8
> <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_ie8_1/*http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/>.

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: Help needed to change database RW user/password

ram-2-3

> I have got my SIP proxy up and running, but I am able to work only with
> the username 'opensips' and the password 'opensipsrw'. When I change the
> username and password in opensipsctlrc file I get an error message
> saying access denied. I am not asure about which variables to comment
> out and which variables to leave as such. Any help in this regard would
> be appreciated.

try accessig the opensips database from  Mysql/PGSQL from command level using newpassword

Ram

Re: Help needed to change database RW user/password

Joan-2-2
2009/7/3 ram <[hidden email]>:

>> > I have got my SIP proxy up and running, but I am able to work only with
>> > the username 'opensips' and the password 'opensipsrw'. When I change the
>> > username and password in opensipsctlrc file I get an error message
>> > saying access denied. I am not asure about which variables to comment
>> > out and which variables to leave as such. Any help in this regard would
>> > be appreciated.

Assuming you already tried with the
$ mysql -u opensipsrw -p
An works with your new password, it might be also a problem with the scripts:
I've been trying to use osipsconsole for some time, and have found
that many times it ignores your osipsconsolerc settings due to path
problems, probably is the same with the rest of the tools.
To use osipsconsole in a selfmade .deb, you have to change
/usr/sbin/osipsconsole variables into:
my $PATH_CTLRC = "/etc/opensips/";
my $PATH_ETC = "/etc";
my $PATH_LIBS = "/usr/lib";
my $PATH_SHARE = "/usr/share";

I'd look for that in the opensips tools too