Help: presence not working.

Friend_14309
Hi. I am new to this world, so please help.
I am trying to set up a lab. I have 2 DHCP servers and a SIP server.

My DHCP server ans OpenSIPS are working fine. But, when I register my clients to SIP server, I can not see there presence, though I can make call between clients.

I get these messages,

"INFO:presence:handle_expired_subs: notify"

"INFO:presence:send_notify_request: NOTIFY [hidden email] via [hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email] for event presence.winfo, to_tag=b11fa29be7deff2756188f5829692e66-e5da, cseq=3"

"ERROR:tm:msg_send: udp_send failed"
"ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed"

Please help. Thank you.

Re: Help: presence not working.

Friend_14309
Hello,

No, there no NAT in my test network, just simple static routing.
also, No. There is no other Error message before that "udp_send" ERROR message.

One thing that I would like to ask is, I did not install "pua" modules. Are they necessary if I am implementing simple presence server i.e. everyone is allowed to see the presence of each other.

Thank you.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

I will be happy do it, but, I am very much new to this and linux.
Can you please point in the direction how to do it?

Thank you.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

I tried again to add myself and check if that works and got more of these ERRORS...

[2188]: ERROR:presence:delete_phtable_query: Record not found [a.1352110811.2905.13.1]
[2188]: ERROR:presence:msg_presentity_clean: deleting from pres hash table
[2188]: ERROR:presence:delete_phtable_query: Record not found [a.1352110811.2911.15.57]
[2188]: ERROR:presence:msg_presentity_clean: deleting from pres hash table

ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: failure to add branches
[2174]: INFO:presence:handle_subscribe: Missing or unsupported event header field value
[2174]: INFO:presence:handle_subscribe: #011event= message-summary

[...]

I do not see any ERROR messages in the log you send me :(.

On 11/08/2012 07:28 PM, Friend_14309 wrote:
Hi
Sorry for the late reply. Here is the attached log file with  'debug=6'. Please let me know, what I am doing wrong.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes, I was also surprised to see that. But, Still my presence problem is there :(
But, when I connect Ekiga client from PC which is directly connected to SIP server, I can see the presence. But my DHCP clients are not able to see the presence of each other.

Any suggestions where I should look to solve this problem.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Binan83
Hi,

It could be the problem of the DHCP client on your devices (Lease to Expire, Keeps Using IP Address)

IOS 4.1 -6.0.1 and Android 2.1 - 4.0.4 have this bug.
http://www.net.princeton.edu/android/android-stops-renewing-lease-keeps-using-IP-address-11236.html

http://www.net.princeton.edu/apple-ios/ios41-allows-lease-to-expire-keeps-using-IP-address.html

Try to reserve the address in DHCP server to see if this is problem or not.

// Binan.

[...]

voipmagazine.wordpress.com/