How sequential forking works with OpenSIPS.

How sequential forking works with OpenSIPS.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho

Dear OpenSIPS users,

When sequential forking is used by means of OpenSIS,

1 - can we have every callee ringing simultaneously in sometime, when nobody answers the call?

Or

2 - each callee will ring only after a previous one stop ringing if the call was not answered until that moment?

If the answer is number 2, is it possible to change this behavior to put all callees ringing at same time in some moment?

I would like to experiment sequential forking, just to see if helps me to avoid an UAC to mute dialogs (vide RFC 3960) when it receives multiple SIP 183 due to a parallel forking.

Best regards!

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979

Re: How sequential forking works with OpenSIPS.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Rodrigo,

Your scenario 1) is not sequential forking, but parallel forking (if you have multiple callee reached in the same time).

And 2), yes, it is serial / sequential forking.

Both are supported by OpenSIPS.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2017, Houston, US
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2017.html